ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 2.5.18 Windows Save Error

Gallery
    View images

2.5.18 Windows Save Error

Seem that the update for 2.5.18 has changed the way saves work in the Windows version. When I go to save a file, it always asks for the file name, as if I'd told it to "Save As". This seems to be the case if wether I'm opening an existing document, or have made a new one from scratch. Telling it to save always invokes the "Save As" method.

-Adam

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

The save system wasn't changed for 2.5.18. I double checked and wasn't able to reproduce the behavior you describe, it's performing as I'd expect here so let's see if we can work out why that's happening for you.

ArtRage will ask for a file name if you are
    a) Importing then saving, or
    b) Saving a new file.

If you are not doing either of those, can you tell me:

-Is the location you're opening from and saving to a network location perhaps, and if so, can you tell me anything about that location?
    -What version of Windows you're using.

Also, the latest version is 2.5.19 so it may be worthwhile grabbing that, just so that we're using the same version.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    After trying to recreate the problem, it seems that the file was accessed from a network share. I'm using Windows XP, if that helps.

-Adam