Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sketch overload

sketch overload

Lol
    This started off as a few pencil guidelines for a concept painting but I got so into it the sketching went mad! I decided the best way to motivate myself to keep on drawing was come up with a game idea and then appoint myself the concept artist. Obviously I have a very tolerant boss who is willing to give me space and time to learn hehe.
    Thanks for looking.

Gallery
    View images
    I love this sketching so many things to see and your boss is nice.

Thank you very much for the encouragement Pai. Always feel like I have a long way to go but yes I am lucky, not many people can say this about their boss!
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    That is some very good sketching! Is that a Citation on blocks?
    Your sketches are very good.
    Beautiful drawing!!!

Ha. Thanks a lot gzairborne. Well I can honestly say if you see any kind of story in my sketch then it was a sketch worth doing
    BTW does anyone know how I get the board to display a whole image? At the moment it has a horizontal scroll bar and only displays the left 2/3 which is not ideal.
    Cheers
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    Strong form on the main figure, the blacksmith's upper body, neck/head. All very strong and also an interesting expression on the face. Well done! Your boss is wise to let you roam
    AR 2.5 Full Ed, Wacom Graphire Bluetooth A5 (Buggy!), MacBook Pro 15"

Thanks Furrtrap, much appreciated.
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    Now there's a juxtaposition, hahah.

I spy a mechanical horse that needs shoeing. Yet the blacksmith's making arms. I suspect there's either:

1) a battle afoot in the world of The Society for Creative Anachronisms

2) the world in which we live has lost our knowledge of technology and this surviving blacksmith has been beating plowshares (and auto parts) into swords.

3) this is a world in which there is time slippage where things of the past and present exist at the same time in the same place. A lot of alternative reality novels in the last decade or so have played with this sort of idea.

Wonderful drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey
    3) this is a world in which there is time slippage where things of the past and present exist at the same time in the same place. A lot of alternative reality novels in the last decade or so have played with this sort of idea.
    Almost right, its the future
    Here's a quick overview of the story I'm designing to:

The year is 3890. Global warming has well and truly kicked in creating widespread lowland flood plains the world over. In Britain the problem is exacerbated by glacio-isostacy, a consequence of the last ice age when 3km high ice sheets melted causing Northern uplift. Millions have drowned, starved or died of long forgotten diseases as society based around central government utterly collapses. For the survivors, high ground becomes more valuable than gold dust and in Britain, the Scottish highlands are among the most prized of all.
    The world's remaining populations have no choice but to revert to smaller tribes which scavenge, hunt and fiercely defend their already meager resources. In Scotland this means a return to the ways of the Clan.

The Blacksmith is pivotal because everything made from metal is recycled junk including the weapons, hence the huge piles of scrap in the background.
    If you're interested below are some other concepts, all of which have varying degrees of ArtRage, Photoshop Painter Essentials 4 and Cinema4D.

Thanks for looking
    Boxy

Gallery
    View images
    How cool is that!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Great visualizations.

Keep going. This is awesome.

Hooray!

:shock: :shock: :shock: