Thread: Group sets & layers

Gallery
    View images

Group sets & layers

I'm using 10.4.11 on a dual 2GHz G5...4GB DDR SDRAM...so I open a file I've been working on and only some layers show. Even thought the 'eye' for this group of layers is on-I also checked the opacity-it's at 100% but the group and all the others won't show at all on screen.

Any ideas thanks?

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bert,

Would you like to send me a copy of your painting file to support@ambientdesign.com with a description of what you're hoping to see and what is missing?

A couple of ideas, while the opacity might be at 100% for individual layers, have you clicked the group's menu specifically and selected "show" in case "hide" was selected earlier? Also worthwhile checking the blend mode and opacity for the group.

Otherwise, if you send me the file I can take a look through it for you and get a better idea of what's happening.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Opacity of layers

Hi yes i went thru all those options-I'll send the file...and another thing that has cropped up I'm unable to export the image to a psd. I'm at work and have a 2pm deadline...I'll try and cut down on the layers and see if that works...the program just goes into 'not responding mode as soon as I try to export it. Thanks.

WELL that's interesting. While I was typing the above I just left AR to export to a PSD...the force quit box was up saying software not responding message_ I thought it had crashed-but when I went back to AR it had exported the AR file to a PSD! Joy! Hmmn I give u more info-my deadline is looming!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that. Just thought I'd let you know we don't appear to have received the file here currently. If it's been sent already but is too large to get through via email ( > 10 MB ) you could zip it as another option. Another way to shrink it down would be to save a copy with extraneous layers removed which still exhibits the behavior.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

heh...goodness...

Well...I checked every group & every layer and their opacity and still I couldn't see the contents of this one group...then I noticed the 'Groups' opacity was at '0'...hahahahah...yes not funny....I was in such a hurry with deadlines etc...thanks for your help...AR is brilliant! AR makes another deadline! :roll: :wink: :lol:

(but while exporting image as a PSD...force quit message still shows that the program is not responding but then the spinning wheel of death stops and it has sucessfully saved the file as a PSD,)

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent! Glad to hear it Thanks for letting us know!

ArtRage has to do quite a lot of work when exporting to a PSD, especially for a large painting file, so I would expect to see the spinning candy / wait indicator for a bit to indicate that the app is busy as it exports the file, but that should clear by itself as soon as it is done.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design