this is a cloud study,hope you like it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aaron Blaise Cloud Brushes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LRRH_page31.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	333.3 KB 
ID:	86020

A while ago someone on these forums recommended the tutorials and Photoshop brushes of artist/animator Aaron Blaise. Wanting to speed up my workflow, I've since bought a few of his brushes wondering how well they would work in Artrage. I can't be certain if they work 100% as they're designed to, but I'm loving his cloud brushes in particular. They're so easy to use that I actually feel like I'm cheating. Just, sometimes you don't really want to spend an entire day painting a sky. If that's you, I recommend his brushes for use in Artrage! They work a treat.

He releases tutorials on how to use each brush set and I haven't actually watched his tutorial on clouds yet. I'm sure when I get round to it I'll be making better skies than this, which was knocked up in a couple of minutes. From what I've seen on his promo tutorial he makes a lot of use of the dodge and burn features of Photoshop, as well of as the brush-shaped erasers, which are features I'd love to see in Artrage, but you can still make great skies with these brushes in Artrage -- just not necessarily 'photorealistic'.

Here's his website.

(His trees brushes are great too, though I mucked around to change the settings of some of them after importing them into Artrage. P.S. I have no affiliation...)

Lovely clouds . nice Horse .
    Last edited by JohnFurst; 06-27-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Cloud from my window
    Name:  9EA4AE1A-21A0-4B96-B105-977E1B14CA15.jpeg
Views: 199
Size:  139.7 KB