ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Graphire Pen - Eraser Problem

Wacom Graphire Pen - Eraser Problem

Hi everyone,

OK I keep my Wacom driver up to date and I know that I do have some kinda fault either in software or hardware as my cursor can slow down and crawl or just go nuts at times...

But I've noticed when I flip the pen over for Eraser, the AR tool select bottom left doesn't always recognize it, so I have to hit = button. Sometimes it sticks. Also when I flip back to normal pen nib, the original tool isn't always recognized.

Should the tool focus switch to Eraser if the pen is inverted? Or am I alone in this with more buggy HW/SW?
    AR 2.5 Full Ed, Wacom Graphire Bluetooth A5 (Buggy!), MacBook Pro 15"

Inverting the pen shouldn't change the currently selected tool.
    What should happen is while the pen is inverted and you rub the rounded end on your tablet it should act as an eraser (without changing the current tool selection). Then when you invert the pen again and rub the pinted tip against your tablet it should act as the currently selected drawing tool.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

OK thanks Andy... well that doesn't always happen. Inverted pen doesn't always give me eraser, so I have to hit =. It's erratic tho.

Sounds like a problem with the tablet. Got the latest drivers?
    Could anything be interfering with the bluetooth?
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Yup got the latest, tho they lag slightly behind windows and the intuos drivers (going by version number). Latest Mac is 5.0.5-2 (checked yesterday).

The Graphire BT A5 is just over a year old... but I think it's a hardware fault... so I'm stuffed it would cost more to fix it than buy a new one 4 sure... I can't think of any BT interference. I am a radio op, but I can't transmit and work a tablet at the same time so it's not RF.

OTOH, my active partition is slightly degraded - so that may be the issue. A full blown re-install may be in the pipeline, but that would take about 2 months to rebuild on another partition, I have a mass of software.