ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reference image drawer

Gallery
    View images

Reference image drawer

I love to use reference images to help improve my drawing. Here is an idea for a drawer to help organise multiple reference drawings.

a) The drawer points to a particular folder or you can add images as you need them.

b) Perhaps you could load multiple images and use backwards and forwards buttons to scroll through a tutorial. (Images taken from a perspective tutorial here: http://www.drawthrough.com)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

Gallery
    View images
    That's an interesting idea.
    And I *love* the UI mockups you guys are doing in the suggestions forum. They're really cool.
    I'll tell Matt he's obsolete now.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Don't tell him that! We only pitch ideas, we don't implement them!

D.

Gallery
    View images
    Charlie- You are a bounty of good thinking. Keep 'em coming. Even if only a few make it through, it's a good thing.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Agreed. Way to go, Charlie. This is a gem of an idea, I think. And the awesome mockups 'Ragers post here just prove how much we all love the interface and don't want to mess up a good thing, eh?

.g

Gallery
    View images
    that is a really nice suggestion. Keep on trucking!

Fantastic mockup =D
    I'd like that as well, reference pics are one of the most useful things about artrage, and that'd make them even more useful..

Gallery
    View images
    i hate to start a new thread, but since this is about reference image, (not sure if anyone ask this before) I was wondering if we could zoom in and out of the reference image?. when i laod a refrence photo, it's too small, when i draw i want to zoom in closer to look at the details.

being able to laod multiple refrence photo is a good idea, cuz sometime i often change my mind on which pics to draw or use. ^^

Gallery
    View images
    Yes and no. You can grab the edge of the ref image and "scale" it. The disadvantage of this is that it now occupies more of your screen realestate. It can be a bit tricky if you want to just study a small bit of a ref image and it happens to be in the center. I have taken to making a temp folder of cropped ref images for this reason. If I want to work on a mantis claw I don't load the whole mantis in other words.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    I posted a suggestion for being able zoom and pan reference images inside the border. Like I have said many times before, reference images are a great feature.
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D