ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: dirty french girl

Gallery
    View images

dirty french girl

Need help on background for this .Want to keep it loose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mascotte_180.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	12051  

Gallery
    View images
    Just maintain the perspective and lighting if you're putting in a background.

You're sorta looking down, so you wouldn't out in tops of buildings, and so forth (or so I surmise, not actually seeing what it would look like).

And something simple would be good, a sidewalk tends to be simple, perhaps with the lower bits of trees along side. Sidewalks and cobblestones and so on can be descriptive of a Parisian setting if you're holding to that theme.

Both of those lend themselves to a painterly treatment. Really detailed stuff tends not to be, unless you are really familiar with how to indicate detail in a painterly way.

But it's generally risky to paint out of context, because your color and lighting on your figure must relate.

It's a nice painting so far though! Amusing title to your post. A cabaret comes to mind.

Gallery
    View images
    really good job so far, for your background, it depends if you wanna do something simple or sophisticated... simple : just a pathway, complicated: just get onspired by a picture of the quais de seine

you could as well paint a dog poo, paris is full of it!!!!!!
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, i sleep all night and I work all day!

Gallery
    View images
    Many thanks for the replies