ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition - Solutions For Known Problems.

ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition - Solutions For Known Problems.

Introduction.

This thread contains all of the support topics generally encountered by ArtRage Wacom Edition users. You should find answers to any questions you have here.

Topics in this thread:

1. How Do I Find My Registration Key?
    2. ArtRage Crashes on Mac OSX Leopard.
    3. ArtRage Will Not Start and Tells Me I Need a Wacom Tablet on Mac OSX Leopard.
    4. How Do I Update From ArtRage 1 Wacom Edition to ArtRage 2?
    5. I Need My Registration Key, But My CD Only Has ArtRage 1.

1. How Do I Find My Registration Key? - (Volito & Bamboo Users)

Your ArtRage Registration Key should be on the ArtRage CD cover. Due to a printing miscommunication it was labelled a 'Serial Number'. It is a 20 digit code.

We do not have details on each individual tablet, so if you cannot find your Registration Key on the CD cover you will need to contact Wacom customer support.

2. ArtRage Crashes on Mac OSX Leopard. - (Mac OSX Users)

There is a bug in versions of ArtRage 2 prior to 2.5.19 that prevents it launching correctly on Mac OSX Leopard. You will need to download the latest ArtRage update from our web page at http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrageinstaller.html

3. ArtRage Will Not Start and Tells Me I Need a Wacom Tablet on Mac OSX Leopard. - (Mac OSX Users)

ArtRage will not recognise the presence of your graphics tablet on Mac OSX Leopard unless you update to the latest drivers which can be obtained from Wacom. For the Bamboo series, the 5.05-2 drivers or later should fix this problem.

With the update to ArtRage 2.5.20 this problem should be fixed, but you should still make sure you have the latest Wacom tablet drivers installed to get the most from your tablet.

4. How Do I Update From ArtRage 1 Wacom Edition to ArtRage 2? - (ArtRage 1 Wacom Edition Users)

Wacom ran a promotion via their Volito users site that allowed users of the ArtRage 1 Wacom Edition obtained with a Volito or Volito 2 tablet to upgrade to ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition. If you log in to the My Volito site and do not see an offer to upgrade, the promotion has expired and you will not be able to update to ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition.

5. I Need My Registration Key, But My CD Only Has ArtRage 1. - (All Users)

If your ArtRage CD contains ArtRage 1 Wacom Edition but you have upgraded to ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition via Wacom, your Registration Key was available on the MyVolito site when you upgraded. If you cannot find your key now, you will need to contact Wacom customer support as we do not have access to any Wacom user details.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Need wacom tablet to run? driver won't do.

Hello,

I have the Bamboo Fun (medium) installed on an iMac running Leopard. Even after installing driver 5.05-3 from wacom it tells me I need a Wacom tablet to run artrage2. When I try to update artrage it tells me artrage isn't installed. I tried several times to re´nstall it but it just won't work.

Is there somebody who could tell me what to do to fix this problem?

Hi Imanuel,
    Send an email to support@artrage.com
    Include your ArtRage registration number so we can check it with our online updater.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Re: Need wacom tablet to run? driver won't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Imanuel
    Hello,

I have the Bamboo Fun (medium) installed on an iMac running Leopard. Even after installing driver 5.05-3 from wacom it tells me I need a Wacom tablet to run artrage2. When I try to update artrage it tells me artrage isn't installed. I tried several times to re´nstall it but it just won't work.

Is there somebody who could tell me what to do to fix this problem?
    It's simple. After installing driver 5.05-3 you MUST REBOOT your Mac.

hello,

I've got the same problem only I'm running windows vista. I have a wacom volito 2 tablet, and the software was provided. it says it only runs on a wacom tablet. can somebody please help me with this?

Hi there,

In order to correct that, if you have the problem on Vista, I'd recommend:

1/ Downloading the latest Wacom drivers for the tablet from www.wacom.com and restarting your computer

2/ Downloading the latest version of ArtRage from www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html and installing it

Let me know if you have any further problems. You can also email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com if prefered.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

For some reason it still continues to crash even though evem though I've installed the update... could I get some help?

edit: N/m, I fixed it =)
    Last edited by Charlottevs; 07-16-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Unhappy ArtRage won't load even when Graphics Tablet is plugged in.

Hi, I'm new to ArtRage, and I haven't been able to even USE it yet.

When I go onto it, it says "This application will only run on a Wacom tablet." My tablet is a Wacom Bamboo tablet. I don't know what to do, ArtRage looks awesome , and I can't use it. Please somebody help me out here.

I'm using a Windows XP.
    Last edited by Mynotoar; 12-06-2008 at 12:41 PM.

i haf yust bort my wacom bord whit a pen and intal all the programs.. but when i want to see artrage 2 der pops up a box ther say that i yust can yuse it whit a wacom prodokt..

ant i dont understand is for im jyst jusing the wacom bord?

and wen i say ok ind the box, is luk down... and i try and try and i can try it..

i yuse it on my laptop compurter... can it be bekurs i haf a mause plade on it?

Sorry my englis is not so goood...

Hope you gys can help me

AAAH.... it work now..