ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: attempt to show work

attempt to show work

I want opinions of my picture how can i show it with the restrictions?

annoyed.

very

its in my gallery for want of a better method of showing it off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red_rock_base_189.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	11969  

Looks like a very interesting work in process.

I didnt think you could see it.

Thank you!

The lime green is pretty distracting. I would put the interest in the subject.

You can do that by putting the light on the rock and metallic bits. You could also pick a part of it that would have a stronger light hitting it. And there is also the possibility of back lighting with a color that could jazz it up.

Lighting can do a lot for you. But the background color is dominating the image.

Keep going!

as far that i can see you have a very detailed background sketch....it's a good thing to work it out! Try out the different layer belding options(tint)...that could help alot!

Good luck

maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

i am using different layers, ive merge them all so i can show off the picture.

The lime green is just an underpainting, a nebula will be going in there.

Hi R,

I've found that context makes all the difference, so I tend to establish the values right away. . . unless I am copying something that is already worked out, or if I am doing something I have done a lot and know where it will end up.

Putting your object in front of a background that will be dramatically different from what you have there will change your main object because of the context. Bright colors in the background will mean it needs to get brighter, a black background would mean your values will shift a lot and you may end up re-painting a lot to put it right. That kind of thing.

Under-painting like this serves to confuse the painting more than help you get where you're headed. . . at least that's been my experience. And the people who wash in a very bright ground to paint on top of, like bright orange etc) tend to paint with really bright colors and end up with very, very colorful paintings.

If your under-painting is the brightest color you can possibly achieve, then you have nowhere to go with your accents and highlights.

Hope this helps.