Thread: Have been unable to use ArtRage

Gallery
    View images

Have been unable to use ArtRage

ArtRage came bundled with my new Wacom Tablet. Unfortunately though I have been unable to get ArtRage to work on my computer. I have had a thread open on the Wacom forum since 8th November but have, as yet, received little technical help on troubleshooting the problem/s.

To save typing out the whole scenario again and pasting crash reports, the original thread can be found here:

[EDIT]
    (Seems I'm unable to post links on this forum, so I trust you can go to the Wacom forum yourself and search for my username to find my post entitled 'Bundled software not working').

I would be interested to know the cause of this problem and a suitable workaround. Like many, the purchase of my pen tablet was sweetened by the additional bundled software like ArtRage which I was looking forward to using.

Thanks in advance,
    Will.

Gallery
    View images

Re: Have been unable to use ArtRage

Best is to email Dave who handles technical and sales support at support@ambientdesign.com. Support mail is read and replied to Monday - Friday NZ time.

Just posting on the forums here does not mean that the ArtRage guys will necessarily see it. Official support is to email at the email I gave above.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Willwood,
    I can't find your posts on the Wacom site - which Wacom site?

What're the basic symptoms? What Operating Sysem are you using, on what type of computer?
    Are you able to start ArtRage at all - can you check the version information from the 'Help, About ArtRage' menu?

Thanks for any additional information you can supply.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I've answered via email and added details to the post on the Wacom site. I have also forwarded the thread and relevant information to Wacom directly so that they can pass it on to anyone else who has a problem getting 2.5 Wacom Edition running on Leopard.

Essentially, the 5.05-2 drivers are required to run ArtRage 2.5 on Mac OSX Leopard.

If there are any problems after those drivers are in, I'll post updates if it's a general problem other users might experience.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.