ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New Avatar!

Gallery
    View images

New Avatar!

Decided to make a painting specifically with an avatar for these forums in mind. At the moment it's really still sort of a sketch, but I'm pretty happy with it so far
    I had a lot of trouble getting the perspective/proportions on the hand to an acceptable level (took me an hour or an hour and a half just for that one hand! ops: ), and the anatomy in the arm is probably off. I'm really happy with the head and neck though. I did a search on google images for "anatomy of the neck" and used that as a reference for the neck. Actually had the entire anatomy drawn in at one point, and then erased most of the muscles because they wouldn't show through the skin / hide / whatever.
    Need to make his facial expression a bit more happy and a bit less angry though (the horns that start in between the eyes kind of make him look angry.. but I'm hoping I can change that by changing the shape of the eyes and maybe the mouth a bit.)
    He's holding my favorite ArtRage feature in his hand --- THE UNDO BUTTON! yay! :lol: Need a way to show that it is the undo button to viewers though. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newavatarinprogress_146.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	11934  

Gallery
    View images
    Ok, re-did the horns, gave him a hoodie and added a PC monitor I like how it looks, just need to figure out what tool I'm going to use to add the color now, and then hope everything shows up ok when I shrink it down to avatar size!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newavatarinprogress_557.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	11950