ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Right click to reset position, rotation and scale

Right click to reset position, rotation and scale

Quick workflow enhancer.
    If we could right click on the position,rotation and scale icons to reset the paper to default values instead of going up to the menu to do so, it would make things faster and more convenient.

Thanks for listening.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think that is a reasonable request.

I do not know how that fits in with the UI design....but It feature that interest me

I wonder if double click might be more in line....think the general request to making it easier to get back to default values or (values the user sets----if I want to zoom/rotate/position the work to a preset) is very productive enhancement.

Love the program it is beautiful and make creating a joy!
    We all learn by sharing what we know.
    Smartdog22

The only problem with a double click is that you can do that by accident, but right click is harder to do by accident. Especially when you draw with a tablet.

I would also suggest a hot key setup on the keyboard for this, perhaps with a toggle. Personally, I rarely rotate the canvas, but I do move in and out from the image quit a lot, and offset the center point to focus on certain areas. It would be nice to be able to switch from the zoomed in position and scale to the original view, and then back again to the way it was manually positioned by hitting a specific key. This might help keep the work flow going smoothly (imo).

If not that, then maybe just having something like the number pad keys set up like 1: scale, 2: zoom, 3: rotation, or something similar.

(EDIT) I was going through the shortcut key list again and noticed I had overlooked the hotkey programmed for reseting the position/scale/rotation for the entire image. My Bad. Although I'd still like the option to toggle back to the position I had it in before returning to default. :wink: