ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Possible BUG or annoying workflow, Artrage 2.5.18

Gallery
    View images

Possible BUG or annoying workflow, Artrage 2.5.18

If you hold down Alt and press right mouse button to rotate the paper, Artrage samples the color at the same time as you rotate the paper it also if you don't move the mouse hides the menus. So if you draw with a black pen on white paper and rotates the paper and then continue to draw you suddenly have a white pen instead of a black, very annoying.

Please make it work as it should.

Alt+leftmousebutton = samples color
    Alt+rightmousebutton = rotates paper (no sample of color or hide menus)
    rightmousebutton only= hide menu (No hiding if alt,shift or ctrl is pressed down at the same time)

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images

Re: Possible BUG or annoying workflow, Artrage 2.5.18

Works as it should here. Must be your setup-probably the mouse or tablet. What mouse or tablet are you using?

(This is using Wacom Intuos 3 Grip Pen Stylus Pen or Mouse and Logitech Optical USB mouse. )

Gallery
    View images
    If I hold down the Alt key and press right mouse button it hides the menu, it doesn't do that for you?

If I hold Alt and click several times with rightmousebutton I will get a different color then I had before, you don't get this at all?

I have a Toshiba Tecra M4 TabletPC and it happens both with tablet pen and my logitech wireless usb mouse.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by MiSt
    If I hold down the Alt key and press right mouse button it hides the menu, it doesn't do that for you?
    That's correct.

If I hold Alt and click several times with rightmousebutton I will get a different color then I had before, you don't get this at all?
    Again, that is correct.

I have a Toshiba Tecra M4 TabletPC and it happens both with tablet pen and my logitech wireless usb mouse.
    Maybe there is a specific problem with tablet pc's.

I'm using an Athlon X2 4200, 2 gb ram, ATI Radeon 1650 512 mb video memory and as I said before-no problems as you describe.

Wait a minute: are you pressing the right mouse button, then pressing alt ? I just tried that and the menu hides.
    This obviously happens though because the right mouse button by itself hides the menus.

You should be pressing the keys in the correct order, which is: ALT first then press the right mouse button. I think that is your problem.

Gallery
    View images
    Strange!
    I press and hold the Alt key first then press the right mouse button, maybe this is a tabletpc problem, I don't have access to my desktop at the moment so I can't test it on a normal computer.

Thanks for testing.

Gallery
    View images
    Strange!
    I press and hold the Alt key first then press the right mouse button, maybe this is a tabletpc problem, I don't have access to my desktop at the moment so I can't test it on a normal computer.

Thanks for testing.
    I assume that you are pressing the Alt then right mouse button one right after the other without much time between?

I wonder if somehow the 'sticky keys' function for accessibilty is enabled? Go to Control Panel/Accessibility Options.

Let us know

Cheers

Gallery
    View images
    No, sticky keys or other special features enabled. (I hate things like them, so I turn them off).

I can Hold down the ALT key then just rotate the paper around with the right mouse button (pressing it and releasing it every time I rotate the paper), sometimes it samples the color under the mouse pointer and sometimes it does not. why I don't know, the ALT key is pressed the whole time.

Gallery
    View images
    why I don't know,
    Me neither. Maybe it's a full moon? Low altitude humidity? Something like that? :lol: