Thread: Slow navigating -- a good thing

Gallery
    View images

Slow navigating -- a good thing

Phew! It's getting really slow -- navigating this site the last several visits, just loading posts.

Gallery related? Lots of people logging in?

I guess congratulations are in order.

Gallery
    View images
    The database is probably getting a bit weighty.
    Once the gallery is well-established we'll do a cull of old messages. That should help out somewhat.

So if you have old messages with pictures in the gallery forum you want preserved, you'd better put them in your personal gallery!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    @D Akey, I found out it's not just this forum. Some other forums have the same slowdown in the last few days.

@Andy, I hope you will not delete that many old posts as possible as you can. I like to read the very beginning posts way back when this fourm was started. It's like an Artrage learning school/centre to me to read all the Ragers' sharing their experiences on using different tools or settings in Artrage and then see how Artrage keep making it better. I'm not a technical person but somehow these posts help me understand more of the program and the tools. This is an excellent Artrage manual reference library to me plus with so many different nice paintings.

I see some other art forums have just one topic already upto approx. 440,000 post. Just a little thought. Hope you can understand my intention.

As D Akey said, congrats. It meant more people are using Artrage and they may need to search information from this forum.

Gallery
    View images
    I agree with Pai. It is Art Rage history man. Let's not by Stalinistic.
    Well, hopfully somewhere they will be archived. This forum is light compared to Wet Canvas.
    A mere 51,000 posts in the gallery.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    So if you have old messages with pictures in the gallery forum you want preserved, you'd better put them in your personal gallery!
    :lol: hehehe :lol: this is what my desktop looked like after backing up the stuff from my gallery thread..hehehe can you imagine what some of the more prolific peoples desktops will look like hehehe*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

tis a tribute to you Rage boys- shows how good your program is all the art you inspire us to make..i had a desktop full and that was just stuff from on the forum not counting stuff i havent shared here.

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, has been a bit slow in the last few days.. Fact is, I Shut down and rebooted to clear memory.. No change.. Faster is sometimes better, but not at the expense of deleting some of the very fine art that has been produced here, with your software.. Please use prudence..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Should be a lot quicker now. We're hosted on an upgraded server so forum responses in general should be snappier.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that!