Thread: Re..stencils

Gallery
    View images

Re..stencils

Hi ive seen ClaraG's posts on stencils and she has received no real answer about this,this is what my question is about ....
    I purchased Art rage 2 and have read that the future updates will be available free once i purchased it .......ive just downloaded the latest update and find there are no stencils, can someone tell me why ....i think that was also Clara's question .....

thanks Bev

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Bev,
    ArtRage 2.5 Full edition definitely has stencils in it! If you dont have the stencils available, then chances are something has gone wrong with your update.
    From the ArtRage 'Help' menu, choose 'About ArtRage 2'
    There should be a large 'ArtRage 2.5' at the top of the information.
    If it says 'ArtRage Starter Edition' or ArtRage 2.2 or something like that, then your update hasn't worked.
    You may need to uninstall your old copy of ArtRage before installing the new one.
    If you're on a Mac, open ArtRage 2.5 from the Application menu, rather than double-clicking a ptg file, in case the file associations haven't found the latest installed version.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    ok Andy thanks very much im off to check it out ......

cheers Bev

Gallery
    View images
    Ok all set i went back and clicked on the update download again and it came through without uninstalling must have done something wrong the other time .........

thanks Bev

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by bev from oz
    Ok all set i went back and clicked on the update download again and it came through without uninstalling must have done something wrong the other time .........

thanks Bev
    Bev? From POTF didn't know they let Painter people on the ArtRage2 forum! :lol:

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Doug, yep its me :twisted: i love Artrage play with it a lot and often in conjunction with Painter, its already giving Painter a run for its money, i want to use it more its just that im more familiar with Painter,at least now i have a manual that came with the update so thats gonna be good just have to find time to get to read it lol

So have u done any stuff with Artrage would love to see it :wink:

hugs Bev

Gallery
    View images
    Bev-I haven't done much with ArtRage2 yet but I find it a a more direct sketch pad for getting ideas down. i want to get into pencil sketching and drawing more and found ArtRage2 a very direct software. I really like Painter, but sometimes it can be a bit cumbersome.

I originally was looking at Sketchbook Pro which costs around $200. Then I saw ArtRage for $20. Not only is ArtRage as good as Sketchbook Pro, I think it's better. I didn't get it because it was only $20, but that doesn't hurt either! :-)

Cheers