Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac and Windows

Gallery
    View images

Mac and Windows

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this topic; I'm not sure where else to ask.

I have a laptop and a desktop; one's running Leopard, the other, Vista. Must I buy ArtRage twice if I'd like to paint on the road?

Mark

Well I would imagine so - although I'm by no means a techy person....but I think the program is configured for either Mac OR Windows, depending on your operating system.

Thats if you download it from here, I would think. Maybe if you had the actual physical disc, you could install it again, depending on your OS....but, I dunno.

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone!

Gallery
    View images
    To use ArtRage on Windows as well as OSX you will need to purchase a second license, yes.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    What about the physical CD offer, which has both OS editions? Would a license grant me to install on both my MacBook and PC?

I, of course, would only be using one of the computers at a time.

See to be honest...I would pay for both. It doesn't cost much for such a brilliant application, and its a bit cheeky, to be doing these guys out of money, for all their hard work.

Besides...its already been mentioned that a second licence will need to be purchased. :wink:

Gallery
    View images
    They are two completely different OS.
    The work behind each version is different.

I don,t think you will find any software developper selling two packages
    for the price of one.

You might start by buying the one that you will use most.
    In any case, the output can be used on both if you choose the right export format.
    AB
    kiva.org
    How you can help people living in developing countries

Gallery
    View images
    hmmmm....let's see... Photoshop $999.00. Can only use it on one platform.
    Art Rage... $25.00 per license. Still a bargain.

Gallery
    View images
    OK, ok, ok, fair enough. :-)

I'm a student, so I'm allowed to make myself look like a cheapskate sometimes, right?

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry for the delay in responding. ArtRage OS X version and Windows version are two separate products and so you need a registration key for each operating system you want to use.

On the CD version, the OS X and Windows installer are included on a dual-format CD for convenience. If someone was to purchase the CD version of ArtRage and install it on their computer, but also wanted to use it on an additional computer, they'd need another license. They wouldn't need to buy two CD versions though, purchasing the download version in addition would give them the extra registration key.

Having one key for each OS also means that both installers can be downloaded from the download page at www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html ( as each key is locked to an OS )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Calmanny...I am a student too, so I know all about bargains (being female as well, we have the Baragin Shopping Gene implanted at birth! lol), but because your initial post mentioned you had two computers, and also you were on the road a lot, led me to believe you were just some rich kid out for a scam!!

Sorry to judge so harshly. :wink:

Happy painting.

C G