ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 3 mile creek

3 mile creek

My road to progress seems a bit slow, but I'm still trying to get there. Here's my latest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_mile_creek_145.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	11593  

ah barnburner, you have done a good piccie. There is something so inviting and pleasant here. Something about the peacefulness of it and the colors draw you right in. Beautiful work. The sky is a bit right out of the Cerulean blue tube but the other colors are very interesting and working really cool together. This shows a very cool style emerging. The chalk or crayon trees
    are wonderful!

Thank you sir..

You've definately stepped it up a notch here. I especially like the color blending at the lower left.

Thanks Robert. Much appreciated.

Nice one. I would call it 'Big Sky Over Three Mile Creek'.

I think it's great.

Would be cool to really do a nice job on the trees. Compositionally you could say all the stuff you're saying here if you make the trees really big creating a diagonal leading the eye to the creek. That way you would still be showing a lot of sky.

Anyway, you're doing great. Don't be bashful. Show is a little more Field and Stream.

If you want, you could even look at a nice photo of something like what you're doing. Reference helps to know what it all looks like.

Good start. I like the direct paint colors.

This server is screwing up again. This is D Akey.

Thanks D Akey.

Interesting idea of about putting the trees on a diagonal. Maybe some smaller trees in the background, with the larger trees forming the diagonal down to the water?

I look at some reference pics sometimes to get ideas on how things should look. Trouble is - what I see, and what I can do, are not always the same thing.