Thread: Line Art issue

Gallery
    View images

Line Art issue

So, I've been wondering why painting a thin solid black line - very lightly - turns it grey? Are you magically mixing some white paint into my black when I'm not looking?

Screen shot attached. Very annoying to have my light line-art strokes, especially my line heads and tails, to go soft grey like that. Black is black, right? Pressure and thinners have little to no effect, neither does instant dry. I can't seem to make it not do it.

-John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strokes_154.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	11521  

Gallery
    View images
    That's a side effect of using a perfectly smooth, no friction, not possible in the real world flat canvas with oil paint There's no white being mixed in, the paint is going transparent because it's really really thin.

Try the Felt Pen set to 100% wetness 100% softness and Art Pen on, that should generate a solid black line for you.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    I hate to revisit a dead horse, but I gave the pen tool a fair shake and I still like the brush better for the stroke tips. The pen often narrows abruptly, not gradually like the brush does. It looks like a shoe string end. I'm still sticking with the paintbrush for now.

Thanks though. If you ever add a Windsor & Newton Series #7 brush in your toolkit I'll be in heaven.

=)
    Attached Images Attached Images