Thread: Stencil Problem - newbie

Stencil Problem - newbie

Hi...I'm new to AR2 full edition, having got it with a Bamboo. I have a problem accesing the tracing/stencil thing thats at the bottom middle of page. Problem, as in, its not there! Nothing else seems to be affected..I can load a tracing image by going up to the file tab at the top, and I can still paint and stuff.....but alas, no stencils.

I was thinking I should reinstall AR2 to get over this blip...what do you guys think?

I use a Mac OSx, with Safari. (if that makes any difference...)

I would love it if you could help....thanks

Gallery
    View images
    Hiya Clara...

Are you able to take a screenshot of what you're seeing? If you could upload it to the forum, that would help people here to make a more accurate diagnosis.

My guess is that the window running isn't 'fit to screen', and that the bottom portion is actually below the Mac taskbar. Try resizing your screen. You should see a little windowlet at the bottom, centre, with a green handle, and three cutout thingys.

Left is stencil. Middle is tracing. Right is reference.

I hope this helps a tad!

---

Other questions: when you click on 'tools' on the taskbar, do you see an option that says, 'stencil options'? If not, then there's something up.

OR... it could be that you've got a free version of ArtRage, which doesn't have stencils. I don't know.

If that's the case, I can seriously recommend that you spring for the US$25, and just upgrade. It's a life-changing package.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Hi, and thanks for commenting!

First thing first. I WAS using free AR, until I got the Bamboo Tablet. That came with AR2 (full version), so I deleted the free one.

I have it open now, and (having moved the Dock), I can see a little thingy with two yellow tabs. This appears to allow me to upload a tracing pic. When I click further, it produces another window, in which I can make various highlighting/blending/hue/tint choices. I have no green tab, or options which allow me to stencil. As far as I know...(and I will jiggle around with this), I have opened the screen to its fullest bit...although this still allows me to see bits of the desktop.
    :shock:

Thanks again. :wink:

Ok...here I will try and show you what I have.

The screenshot. Ahem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Clara!

The reason you won't be able to access stencils currently is that the Wacom Edition of ArtRage is currently 2.2. We're hoping to release a 2.5 update in a matter of days now, if all goes well, which will bring all Wacom Edition users up to the latest version and add the stencil option as well as the rest of the 2.5 goodies. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage
    Hi Clara!

The reason you won't be able to access stencils currently is that the Wacom Edition of ArtRage is currently 2.2. We're hoping to release a 2.5 update in a matter of days now, if all goes well, which will bring all Wacom Edition users up to the latest version and add the stencil option as well as the rest of the 2.5 goodies. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.
    Cool i was right
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Hi DaveRage - thats great news, and thanks for your input. Meanwhile I will potter around with the rest of the great features of AR, until the updates happen.

:wink:

P.S, I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining or anything, I was just curious! lol

Cripster - yes you were! lol

Gallery
    View images

Updates

Hi ClaraG,i'm new first post for me.If you go to the help button which is next to the tools button,click on it and click updates then you will get the update with the Stencils/Tracing&Refs hope this helps.