Thread: Sunset over Lake Erie.

Gallery
    View images

Sunset over Lake Erie.

I'm a novice in the area of using oil based paints. My next step will be to learn how to paint with detail. As you can probably tell, I used the palette knife to do most of my painting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Like keys on a ring, we have our own purpose, yet we are as one.

Gallery
    View images
    Ooooooooo. Wow. What a dazzling visual experience. It's like eye candy but without the triteness that name conjures up.

I really like this. There was a period of Wayne Thiebaud's (sp?) West Coast Op Art work where he really worked intense color. And posters and reproductions never did it justice. The originals came to life. . . and this has some of that.

It's like he ultimately went coarser like Diebenkorn (sp?) but your stuff looks like he could just as easily have taken it in your direction.

I think luminous monitors are the perfect venue for color. Really nice to see this.

Quite excellent. I guess the trick now is to find a way to make any subject work for you with such vitality and style.

Oh, and I love how you let your marks support the color but not compete and distract from it.

Novice schmovice.

Good work.

Gallery
    View images
    I like to use the oil and spread it with the knife more than all of the other features.
    Your sunset is very nice - the colours are beautiful.

Gallery
    View images
    Really wonderful first effort. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more..

Gallery
    View images
    Very nice.. Great choice of color..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you very kindly D Akey, want to paint, Robert S Wade and Rick. You all are too kind I'm sure. This is a lot of fun to do and having someone to share it with is the greatest.

jiffyblue
    Like keys on a ring, we have our own purpose, yet we are as one.