ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage Wacom Edition on Mac OSX Leopard.

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage Wacom Edition on Mac OSX Leopard.

Users of the ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition on Mac OSX Leopard will need to update their Wacom drivers to the latest version (5.05-2) which is available from Wacom's web site. Earlier versions of the Wacom driver will cause the ArtRage Wacom Edition to report that it cannot find the tablet.

ArtRage 2.5 Wacom Edition is being tested currently. Until it is released, the ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition will display some of the crash problems experienced by ArtRage 2 Full Edition users on Leopard. We hope to get the update released soon.

Thanks for your patience!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    As of right now, when I walk through the Wacom site's download pages, when I select drivers for an Intuos3 on Mac OS X, it points me to driver version 6.05-2 as the version that works with Leopard (beta). When I select drivers for a Bamboo Fun on Mac OS X, it points me to driver version 5.05-2 as the version that works with Leopard (beta).

The difference is actually some concern for me. I haven't upgraded my iMac to Leopard yet (main production computer), but I have an Intuos3 attached to it. I have upgraded my iBook to Leopard to test it out, but I have a Bamboo Fun on its way in the mail so I can tuck it with the iBook when I travel.

My gut instinct is to trust whichever version Wacom's site points me to, but since you only mentioned 5.05-2, do you have any further insight? Thanks!!

(BTW, I forget, what's the difference between Wacom Edition and Full Edition?)

Gallery
    View images
    I believe the 5.05 drivers are for the Bamboo and the 6.05 drivers are for the Intuos, at least that was how it looked when I was downloading drivers to test.

The Wacom Edition has the same feature set as the Full Edition, but tends to be released slightly later because it supports 4 additional languages and the Google translation page takes a while to translate the string table (kidding! The localisations are all done via a translation service in Europe).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.