ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Custom Tools Panel

Custom Tools Panel

Hi guys. I'm finally getting to grips with artrage (great program), and I find that the colour samples panel is my favourite item so far, as it can act like a custom palette - in fact, I hardly ever use the normal palette, except to load colours into the colour sampels panel.

This idea go me thinking. I know that some others have asked for tool settings to be stored, so could we have something like the Colour samples panel for tools? You could use it the same way (i.e. it stores the current tool and it's settings to a entry in the panel, which can be recalled later) - the user can assign it a name so he can remember what it is, and perhaps the panel could show an icon to indicate the type of tool (oil, pencil, kife etc). Being able to save this to a file so you can load it into any painting would be cool too... :wink:

Great suggestion. I did a mockup of just that some time ago, have a look here and see what you think. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=8851

That's it EXACTLY! Sorry, didn't mean to steal your idea - I hadn't seen your original post, but as they say, great minds think alike. Now, if we could only convince the artrage team to implement it... :wink: :twisted:

Don't worry, I don't think that you have stolen my idea. It's just an idea and good ideas should be shared. Yep, we can only hope that this will be implemented in Artrage soon.

Yes Please to custom tools panel

Hi.

I just wanted to echo this request :!:
    Cosmicfxx

I'm onboard
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery