Thread: max 3 downloads?

Gallery
    View images

max 3 downloads?

I am not enjoying current licencing idea. I bought it and I only ahve 3 downloads? I downloaded artrage without knowing this and now I cannot even update my artrage because I do not have the original artrage installer here. I understand the pricing advantage for users but licencing should be made more clear.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

The online store company ( Kagi ) keeps a download link live for a month / 3 downloads. After this time it's recommended to keep a backup of the installer file you downloaded, just for your own safety, but we do also have a download page you can use any time you like.

If you head over to our support page at www.ambientdesign.com/ar2support.html, click the top question ( 'Need to download a new copy of ArtRage?' ), then fill in the details, you'll automatically be sent an email with a fresh temporary download link for the latest version of ArtRage 2. We don't prevent people from downloading ArtRage again.

Free free to email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com if you have any problems, I'm always happy to help and certainly want to make sure you are able to use your purchased software!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Hi

Ok I got the installer link. But again this one is asking for "ar2_5_winfull.exe"

which I do not have it on my computer. That was one of my original point as well.

Gallery
    View images
    When you use the page, then click the download link in the email, the installer for the operating system you chose is downloaded ( artrage2.5_winfull.msi for Windows or artrage2.5_macfull.zip for OS X ).

Then you double click that file to install the latest version. There is no ar2_5_winfull.exe file as we use an msi ( Microsoft Installer ) on Windows. If you are using Mac OS X and you're getting an error messge mentioning a filename like that, then you may have entered the wrong operating system on the download page, in which case check the end of this message for details on emailing me so I can correct that for you.

Here's the process:

1/ Go to www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html
    2/ Enter your details. Click submit
    3/ If you get an error message, take a note of what that message says.
    4/ If it is not an error message, check your email. You will have received an email called "Your ArtRage download request"
    5/ Disable any download accelerators / download managers that you have running. These can misinterpret the link and cause the download to fail
    6/ Either click the link in the email, or copy the link in the email into the address bar of your web browser
    7/ Choose to save the file when prompted. I'd advise to your desktop as it's easier to find.

When you've finished downloading, double click the downloaded file to install.

If you are having problems, please email me directly at support@ambientdesign.com with:

1/ The exact text of any error messages you are receiving as this will make it easier for me to help
    2/ The version of your operating system
    3/ Either the purchase email address, transaction ID for your ArtRage purchase, or your registration key

-and I will help you further with this.

Please Note: Don't post these details on the forums, for your own privacy.

Emailing me will help me to support you more swiftly and easily and get any additional information I might need so I'd recommend that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design