Thread: ArtRage 2.5.16 on Mac OSX Leopard.

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage 2.5.16 on Mac OSX Leopard.

There is a problem in ArtRage 2.5.16 that will most likely prevent it operating correctly under an install of Mac OSX Leopard (10.5). Specific crashes occur when checking for updates, exporting files, and may also occur in a couple of other places where file dialogues are used.

A workaround exists for the Check For Updates crash, which can occur on startup (read this thread http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=9419 ).

We have fixed the problem internally and are testing the new version at the moment, we hope to have the fix published this week. Thanks for bearing with us!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Update: We have just released the 2.5.18 update for ArtRage Full Edition. Users can download the latest installer from our download page at http://www.artrage.com/artrageinstaller.html

The 2.5.18 update fixes the crash under Leopard. Thanks for the information everyone has sent us on this!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

Missing file?

Matt-
    Clicking on the link provided returns a 404 error. (At least for me)

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on a MacBook running 10.5

Gallery
    View images
    Try again - I've edited the link.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images

THANK YOU!

Thanks for the quick reply. The link works great now and the install was flawless. Honestly, the hardest part was finding the registration info again!

As always, you have a great product and the responsiveness to your customers is a real class act!

Gallery
    View images
    Works great now! Thanks for the prompt update. :3

Gallery
    View images
    Can I install mac os x on a computer I built? I'm planning on building my own computer, buying all the hardware seperately and putting it together myself. will I be able to install mac os onto this computer or am I stuck with windows? if not is there any hardware I could buy as a specific kind to get a mac os to work on it?
    Last edited by dipalina; 01-17-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by dipalina View Post
    Can I install mac os x on a computer I built? I'm planning on building my own computer, buying all the hardware seperately and putting it together myself. will I be able to install mac os onto this computer or am I stuck with windows? if not is there any hardware I could buy as a specific kind to get a mac os to work on it?
    Hi there dipalina. This technical forum supports users of the painting software program ArtRage. While it's likely the developers generally know the answer to your question, to save you time, you might want to take this question into an Apple forum that is focused on this kind of hardware issue. Probably participants in such a forum will have broader experinece in your interest and give you constructive direction. The pool of resources for addressing your question are likely to be greater there. Regardless, good luck on your computer building venture.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4