ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loneliness

Gallery
    View images

Loneliness

Hello,

I want to share this work in progress with all you, and i'd like some suggestions and impressions.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Umberto

Gallery
    View images
    Playing off the flag pole sitting craze -- something soooo odd and unnatural, but such a great symbol. In this case he's seeming to have to do something very unnatural just to breathe fresh air/escape (pick your metaphor). Could represent many things.

I liken it to many illustration themes I have seen. Has a sort of dystopian flavor.

I would make the different elements of the clothes different in color, just for aesthetic interest, lest it look like you got lazy and couldn't mix another color. . . unless he's supposed to be in a uniform or costume. But since this is more like he's a non-conformist, I would make his clothing consistent with a more individual look -- or make it look corporate 3 piece suit for irony, like somebody who conforms except for his one little sanctuary. One way or the other.

But this is really really cool. I love it. Great theme. And it looks good. One thing about these what I call 'concept pieces' is that the look needn't be slickly rendered, though it's an option.

Well done!

Gallery
    View images
    Salvador Dali meets Anime. Yeah, I like it too.

Gallery
    View images
    Cool style. I like it too. Very surreal.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks all.

I'll consider to differentiate clothes colors, even if my inital intent was to add a lot of decorative details on the monochrome cyan color (like old military clothes).

I think I'll add some distant birds too, more distant poles and a warmer sunlight.
    Umberto

Gallery
    View images
    Risultato assai suggestivo e piacevole! Niente a che vedere con il mitico Uderzo dei fumetti di Asterix? Pur essendo Caesar non avrei rancori! :lol:

A very evocative and pleasant result! Anything to do with the legendary Uderzo of Asterix comics? Although I'm Caesar I would have no rancours! :lol:
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Si e no. Diciamo un lontano parente. Ho avuto la fortuna di incontrarlo una volta.
    Ma io disegno per diletto nel tempo libero e non sono un granche'. Mio fratello invece lo fa per lavoro.

Yes and no. Say a far relative. I was lucky to meet him once.
    But I paint for pleasure in spare time and I'm not too good at it. My brother instead does it as a work.
    Umberto

Gallery
    View images
    Allora convinci anche tuo fratello per qualche opera AR! Un'altra ottima occasione per me di imparare!

Convince Your brother too to post some AR work then! Another very good opportunity for me to learn!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Eheh, he is a Photoshop devoted...

But he owns also an ArtRage license. Maybe a day he will find the time to test it deeply. I hope.

For now you can have a look at some of his works:

http://www.extremefantasy.it/gallery...re-mostri-l-r#
    http://www.extremefantasy.it/gallery...e-mostri-s-z-#

(Look for works of Andrea Uderzo).

Sigh... I realize that my work in progress is not comparable ops:

Well, speaking about it, I added some details and colors but still something is missing. I wonder what can I do to get a "completion" of the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Umberto

Gallery
    View images
    Art runs in the family I see. I like the additions to this one.