ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Macaw Tutorial

Gallery
    View images

Macaw Tutorial

This was mostly an excersize in learning how to get the desired brushstrokes I wanted, which will be an ongoing process for a while. This program is much more intuitive than Corel Painter, I love it. Tips, Crits, etc. will be appreciated. John
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Drive your car like you stole it, paint with passion.

Gallery
    View images
    That's pretty exceptional John.

Gallery
    View images
    That is a pretty outstanding first one. Like the painterly effects.
    Welcome to the forum.

Gallery
    View images
    It clearly shows You are very endowed, dear John B! 8)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Nice. I would suggest trying to smear some of those lines in the appropriate directions (following the form as you have done).

The line work is a little repetitive, meaning the lines are about the same all over the bird. And they're taking on the quality of yarn or a pinata. And that's cool if that's what you want.

Were you to sorta smooth it as if you were producing longer brush strokes as it gets away from the head to the longer feathers (I assume), it could make it a nicely designed image.

And you could get movement that way like movement toward the eye -- longer strokes to shorter ones.

If you want to play with it, save this copy of course and work on a duplicate just to play around with the smearing tools like the palette knife and so on.

There's no right or wrong. Just kibitzing here.

Have fun!

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the suggestion DA, good point but the tutorial didn't have any reconizable fethers either. I just paints em as I see'z em. Thanks again for the ideas. John B
    Drive your car like you stole it, paint with passion.