ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sunset v3.0

Gallery
    View images

sunset v3.0

after maybe too much fine tuning ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    beautiful view

The conscious utterance of thought, by speech or action, to any end, is Art.

MYblog
    MyDeviantArtProfile

Gallery
    View images
    full version ... I feel good about this one. I don't often use the canvas setting but, after playing/fighting with this one for awhile, I like the rough, old world feel that I think this has. There is still some fine tuning to be done though. Some of the "stars" need to go away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset_137.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	10939  

Gallery
    View images
    Nice palette, Robert.

Although it's a nice experiment, I'm not altogether satisfied by the sort of crude tree. There's nothing about the brushwork that warrants this lack of information. There is no particular artsyness or flair to it. The only thing to look at is the tree, and it doesn't come across as a skillful rendition of a tree.

In elaborate paintings, one can get away with leaving things unfinished in spots, but here there is only one thing -- the tree, and it's a silhouette at that. So it lacks a place for my eyes to go. It almost defies looking closely at it.

So it doesn't feel like you're delivering.

It's a marked contrast to that really scrumptious, and elegant palette.

Keep going!

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful African sunset, Master Bob! 8)
    We absolutely require from You also a tutorial of sich a new evocative and sparkling style! :shock:
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images

brilliant

again a beautiful picture. i like this one a lot. you really captured an amazing pallette which adds so much to the mood.

Gallery
    View images
    Looks like impressionist piece. I like the color palette and it creates that sunset feel. It can be turned out another oil painting piece with different media IMHO with your previous experiments.

Gallery
    View images
    ... well, there was this earlier version ...

Name:	sunsetv3_161.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	10962  

Gallery
    View images
    Caesar, can't really do a tutorial on this one but I can offer two of the early rough drafts.

Name:	4_141.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	10963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_162.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	10964  

Gallery
    View images
    Robert, I really appreciate you showing the rest of the experiments as well. They might be presented together, showing the artist's (your) thinking.

They're satisfying relative to each other as an art process. From this kind of thing, if one of the attempts doesn't leap out as the clear direction you want to thereafter go, then they show like menu items, for mixing and matching technique and effects.

There are things I like about each of them and I can now group them in my head in a good way. That hopefully you also can draw the same kind of stuff from the variations to your own satisfaction. The natural thing to group with them might be a final painting that shows the end to which you got -- the best of the best -- a larger one with these along side smaller.

This is a different, and legitimate, way to go -- a sort of presentation of Darwinian evolution.

Thanks for the look inside your artistic brain.

It's teeming with life force.