ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Possible bug when double clicking to open Artrage file

Possible bug when double clicking to open Artrage file

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so just wanted to say the program is fantastic. Brilliant value, and behaves very realistically like the real life media. And also the interface design is exceptional, very fast workflow. As a computer scientist and having to work with some GUI nightmares (rational rose for one), I can appreciate your great work

Slight strange behaviour: I saved an artrage file to the desktop on Windows, when I double click it, it says "please wait while windows configures Artrage 2", then says "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable". And asks me to enter the path to "AR2_5_winfull.msi", as though it needs to install the program. I'm on Windows XP Home btw, service pack 2.

This is only a minor problem, as obviously I can open the file by loading the program first then opening from there. I'm using version 2.5.16

Hi there! Sounds like your file association for ptg ( Artrage ) files is having a problem. What I'd recommend you do to fix this is to run the ArtRage installer you downloaded another time, and choose "Repair" on the first screen as this should fix it for you.

If you still have problems after that, let me know, really awesome to hear you're liking ArtRage so far!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Cool, that's fixed it Thanks for the help