Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: juggler's break

Gallery
    View images

juggler's break

Ok, here's my second still life. This one has been a long, long, LOOOONG journey into details, which took me nearly the whole day. I think it may have been 8 hours, but that's at least how it feels.

Similar like the onions, this is under my desklight a shirt of mine, an original venician mask, my silly juggling balls and 16 tons of patience. Again, this is no photo reference but purely freehanding-pi times thumb- painting.

I've made a little pencil sketch first, trying to get the proportions of the mask right with some of the major ornaments. Then I spent some time with calibrating my brains to the light by painting the wall and trying to hit the colors as close as possible.

Then I took a long break...watched a movie... some coffee, some cigarettes and on to laying down the shapes with oil and playing with contrast and so forth. Oh yes, and fighting artrage's lovely color blending (ARGH). Although most of the painting is straight oil I have used some pencil and some crayon to beat the system, hehehe. But only at the end, actually and only for the cloth.

OH, you wonna see it, too...hmmm... ok. If anyone pulls my sleeve enough I'll put together a WIP with a buch of the states. I wanted to save them out to look at my own procedure later.

One more thing, it's the first time I painted at such large resolution (2300 x 1600). So I'm gonna make a crop for a bit of a closeup, although this is still not original resolution, but it kinda gives a better look at it.

JUGGLER's BREAK (a close up and the whole thing):

juggler's break tutorial
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    You took my breath away with this one Taron................I don't know what else to say except BRAVO!!!!!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Gallery
    View images
    incredible!

Gallery
    View images
    You make me crazy! *falling on the back an start to scream*

You are so talented. Having such abilities is a big gift! This one und UNBELIEVABLE good.

Take care of your talents, use them, train them and ever try to be a little bit better to have new goals - also as you've shown with this painting that you're on a very top place with your abilities!

Gallery
    View images
    WoW! WHat an artist! This is amazing! ....wow...colors, shades, realistic, painted so well..!!
    Amazing job!
    I admire your work
    Netti ~ Elisabeth ~

Gallery
    View images
    Holy Shitake!

That is a masterpiece Taron.
    Just stunningly beautiful!

Gallery
    View images
    Amazing

Gallery
    View images
    It's a beaute...
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

Gallery
    View images
    Wow...............I'm stuck for words to describe how amazing this is Taron :lol: :lol:

Gallery
    View images
    I'm flabbergasted!!! I can hardlly believe what I'm seeing here. Did you have a head trauma recently that somehow kicked your brain into full-blown artistic genius mode? If not, why have you been holding out on us? This is just incredibly good.