Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's Rage Against the Machine Spot

Thanks again guys.
    Not much progress on the image itself, but I've knocked out a tiny video capture in answer to Caesar's prompt. When I say small I do mean small - and probably not a lot of use - but I'm still practicing with this sort of stuff. Hopefully it will get better with future offerings. Nothing on a par with Jon Hodgson's excellent vids, but it's not a competition (or if it is I concede now). Do go look at them if you haven't already - wonderful stuff. Mine is just an attempt to explain different approaches to image making.

You'll find it here on the rather sparse so far 'tutorials' page of my site, because I'm not savvy enough to get it on YouTube or anything clever like that. Click the image to either open or save the thing. It is about 5mb so you may find it works better by downloading it first - I found the sound was gone when I tried playing it online. Mind you with my waffle that is probably a bonus.

Small video available HERE http://nickillus.co.uk/page12.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thank You very much, dear Nick!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Great stuff,Nick !!
    The sound works OK online for me. It plays nicely too, so no problem to view online for me.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

You are very welcome Caesar. Glad if it helps despite my waffley style. I will try and do some more soon of the same sort of short length.

And many thanks for the feedback on playability, Hanzz. Really helpful to know whether it works OK or not.

Here's a bit more on that mermaid one. Not that much progress because i's the weekend.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Hey Nick, fantastic new paintings. Once-Upon-a-Woody-Time and Hold That Pose both have a wonderful lighting and color palette. Great new entry. Can't wait to see it finished.

Nickillus,
    She implores but why? The intriguing saga of the mermaid continues.
    Unbelievably beautiful artwork.
    Mairzie Dotes

Mair, I guess the mermaid's pleaing to have her precious shell back, supported by her crabby guard! Maybe Nick is going to make it a golden one ....

Thanks guys.
    Yes, that's about it Caesar. The working title is 'Give it Back', and the idea is that the teenage pirate lad has stolen something from the sea, vital to the mermaid and she is desperate to get it back. That shell (at least that what it should look like when I'm done - fingers crossed) behind his back is the thing in question and I'm toying with the idea of having it bejeweled and/or have some mystical light coming from inside . . . . .?

I'll keep you posted, and apologise for any pain through curiosity that I may have caused - or do I . . . . a little suspense is good isn't it?

Meanwhile it's on hold briefly while I doodle something else on the hob.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 09-15-2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Thanks dear Nick! I can assure that the pleasure to admire Your works is far bigger than the little pain of some suspance!
    Each painting and step You provide is a whole tutorial in my opinion.
    I wish I could discipline my fantasy and scene ideas into a superior and patient planning and skills as You do and do have (even not considering Your uncomparable natural talent and apparently unlimited capabilities to play with any kind of multiple light sources and colors).
    Last edited by Caesar; 09-15-2010 at 01:53 AM.

Gosh but you are quick on the draw Caesar - Went back to alter something in the last post straight away and blow me down if you'd not replied already. I'm never challenging you to a duel . . . .
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5