Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's Rage Against the Machine Spot

Hey thanks for such nice feedback, guys.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

The cat tatooist is just amazing work. Fantastic art work.

Workshop in ImagineFX magazine - November 2007

I was lucky enough to be asked to put a workshop together for the Imaginefx magazine this month, covering the basics. Unfortunately I only had three days to do the image and write the workshop itself, because of other work pressures, so the image is nothing like as finished as I'd like or as the software is capable of. Nevertheless it was a thrill to be asked and I had a good time playing with it.

For the full workshop you'll have to pick up a copy of the magazine, (issue 25 out now) as I'm not permitted by copyright to post anything much. There are a few screengrabs across in the my corresponding WIP thread - or there will be in a few minutes when I've posted them.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Holly s***! Awesome work man... you know how to draw bodys, seriously!

Greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Stunning beautiful work... amazing drawing and painting skills. Fantastic job.

Fantastic

I can only speak of what I personally prefer, and I hate to tell you this in this way, but I really like your partially finished work. Detail in the environment isn't nearly as essential to me as the staging and getting the characters right.

In fact I like many of your drawings more than the finishes (which are wonderful), because they tell me enough, plus they show me your hand at the incept of the idea. And I get to participate in the painting in my mind.

So since your signature style is about really describing everything that your job wants you to do, you need to do it.

But for me, having bits of the construction show through is like I get the finish plus the 'making of' all in one image. And I'm delighted.

Partially done work is sometimes more revealing of your artistry, and it lets me find the underlying bits of the art, which I actually look for eagerly. . . So it becomes more about the art and less about the subject.

Pleasing me will gain you exactly zero dollars. And pleasing the client will pay for your house. But please know in your heart of hearts that someone out here really admires your work at the early stages. Apologize to the others, but not to me.

WOW, WOW, WOW, and [b]WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

You just never cease to amaze me Nick!
    I am blown away by your latest work which takes illustration out of the realm of the kiddies and delivers it back into the hands of (grateful) adults.

Is there a way one can access your workshop on-line I wonder...for those infidels who live in the in the colonies, haha?)

I cannot even think of an appropriate thing to say, except that I am truly honored to be in communication with a most worthy 20th century edmunddulac artist extrodinare. Your imagination is quite superb!

That is stunning. I love the lighting and textures. Just been reading your walkthrough in IFX, I think 3 days was enough
    Cheers
    Boxy

Amazing stuff, really... i've lost my words!! ....
    I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, i sleep all night and I work all day!