Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick's Rage Against the Machine Spot

Hello Nick!

Looking at these latest additions of yours is so inspiring, you always make me want to learn more!
    I wish I could download a whole file of 'Nick's Skills' into my brain, lol.

Stunning artwork. Thanks for showing...
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thanks yet again, chaps. Always so kind to me.

Here is a bit more progress on the dungeon one (although nothing like enough to keep up with the deadline it's for, darn it) and another on the go from my warped mind. I've adjusted the prisoners' relative postion very slightly to make it work better, - but it's a bit of a 'spot the difference' effort.

This second one is - brace yourselves - not ArtRage !!!!!!! I also use Sketchbook Pro from time to time. It's almost, although not, as nice as AR to use, but offers a different feel, as set by the tool set and capabilities. It lacks paper textures, only boasts a couple of layer blend modes (which is a new thing for SKB) but has a good custom brush option. I find it tends to look and feel more 'dry media' than AR. Just thought you might find the distinction interesting. I won't befoul the AR pool with foreign software again - honest.

Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

A quite interesting comparison between Artrage and Sketchbook by a most masterful tester. Thank You and once more all my appreciation for the two brilliant artpieces.

I would also thank You for Your suggestion on Gurney's book Color and Light I just received (it's great) and maybe I'll buy also the one about painting in a realistic way what doesn't exist if You believe it could be furtherly helpful and different enough as content.

Dear Nick, I also wonder if You had the time and opportunity to review my technical question on Drawplus in Your Artrage P.M. No hurry though and thanks a lot.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Many thanks Caesar, my friend.

I've yet to get the Colour and Light book by Gurney, but it's top of the list. The painting one is absolutely excellent and I know the colour theory one will be just as outstanding. The guy is a gold mine of information on just about all aspects of image creation - and really down to earth too.

Apologies for not getting round to replying to that pm. Purely an oversight. It was on the list of to-dos but I'll answer here instead and hope you don't mind. Of course I'll post some break-downs of how I incorporate DrawPlus vector elements into AR paintings some time soon - Happy to, no problem.
    I've been so ridiculously busy recently, trying to keep up with three concurrent deadlines - and failing - damn my slowness. Ah well - at least I have work for the moment, after a six month drought last year. Hello world recession.
    Last edited by Nickillus; 02-17-2011 at 01:02 AM.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Many thanks Nick and I'm a little embarassed to have taken some of Your time or, perhaps, even insisted.
    I thank You in advance also for Your extreme courtesy and, pls, just if and when You really can or is an easy offspring some of Your work, no matter how long it may take. I don't want to abuse of Your patiente and knowledge ...
    Take care, dear friend!

Hey there Caesar - absolutely no apology necessary, in any way or form. It was never going to be a problem. What kind of a friend would I be, not sharing my minimal knowledge (and it is minimal, honestly - you'll be surprised how little I use of the full potential of DrawPlus - exponents of the software will shudder if they stumble across it) of how I combine it with AR workflow.

What I'll do is take some screengrabs next time it comes into play in the natural course of my work, and post them here with some explanations. Bound to happen within the next few weeks.
    Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5

Thank You so much!
    I'll dedicate to You my next fantasy drawing if I ever come to make a decent one.

hi Nickillus, your drawing and creative characters as well as so great use of the Artrage always inspiring me. Thanks so much for the demonstration too.

Gosh you are so kind, and modest Caesar. many thanks.

And how lovely to have you drop by Pai. Great to see you here, and thanks for the kind words.

More on the dungeon - just about due for delivery so I'll have to bite the bullet and leave it much freer than I usually do. Went with a base of oil painting for the foreground, which is outside my comfort zone - but something I need to keep working at.

Used stencils made from various reference photos of stonework to add texture to lower layers.

I've accumulated a palette of numerous pastel variations for the light and dark areas in the foreground.

And this is where it is as of now - Looser and more painterly than my usual style, I reckon - but will I be able to resist 'putting it right'? - and now I'm off to bed for a few hours so I can have fresh eyes on it . . .

Nick Harris Artwork

Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5