ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Christmas room

Christmas room

I've been working on this off and on for a couple of weeks, I haven't put in any shadows yet. The tree I made with another program, the fireplace was done with a stencil in ArtRage. The chimney rocks I painted individually as was the fire. The paneling and the carpet were both done with stencils.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

This looks great and I can feel the warmth from the fireplace and the Xmas tree.

Thank you pai! I just have some of the major elements in so far, I still have a long way to go before it is what I envision it as.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Good solid start Aunt_Betsy. The shadows will transform it into much more of a unified scene, I know. Are you going to go with a combination of firelight and the lights on the Christmas tree, of natural light coming from somewhere else?
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Nice. Hearth and homey. Anticipation of love and good cheer.

The mantle thing with it's look of gemstones makes it feel like this is a treasure trove of great warmth and joy, past present and future.

Another one that reminds me of Christmas cards from my youth.

Thank you Nick, I think I will use a combination of light sources. I'll see how it works out. The room is way too bright right now to appreciate the fire and the Christmas tree lights. I will make use of the shadow layer option in ArtRage to help make fire and the tree lights glow.

Thank you D Akey.

Thank you Robert, I hope when I'm done you will want to move right in.
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt_Betsy
    Thank you Nick. . .
    Betsy, that's "Thank you Jolly Old Saint Nick," in this context. . .

It's a bit soon, but it's a nice atmosphere and beautiful illustration, although it would be uncomplete in our culture!
    In Italy we would in fact have also (and more centrally and traditionally) a Xmas crib (manger scene, landscapes with little statues, some little working fountain etc. and the three Wise Man arriving on the 6th of January to the grotto to adore Jesus and give their gifts).
    In view of the 6th of January (last Xmas holiday), there would be also a big sock hanging for further gifts and candies for good boys from the Befana (an old, ugly, good witch); the bad ones would only get coal. This is most likely an ancient mix between another celtic tradition (as it is for the Xmas tree and Santa Klaus) and the chistianity.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!