Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage reviews in magazines.

I am just now getting to this post. I was so thrilled when I found AR on the internet. Great job Andy-and thanks to all the creators. I find it the most user friendly software that I have used.
    I have to say to Fashmir-I had the biggest laugh over your southern translation and expression. Originally an AF brat at growing up in Germany, Phillipines, and Colorado, then settling in Georgia-I am afraid that some of the dialect has rubbed "offa mea byat" -but after all these years here-I am still asked if I am a "damned yankee." (all in fun here-no offense intended)
    Much love to all!

I only found out about it because it came with my Wacom.

I sware that if I didnt know the price I would still think its the bees knees.

The User Interface is about as good as it gets, simple for the newbie and not getting in the way as you progress. If I ran a magazine It would be 9.9/10
    I live in a tecno world. A world of precision, accuracy and finites.
    Art is the opposite of that for me. I dont expect to be good and that is not my aim. I want to enjoy it and let my inner artist define its own art... here's hoping, where do I begin.....

--
    Right Hand.
    Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium (Just got it !!)
    PC - Quad Core, Vista, 22" Widescreen
    ArtRage 2 Wacom Edition
    My Gallery (for what its worth )

Gee, I guess that would make Painter about a 5.0 then.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRose61 View Post
    The review was of the free version of 2.5.... that could be why the marks are lower. I just don't see the point of reviewing it now??

They reviewed the free version? That really doesn't make much sense at all. They're missing half of what the true version can really do. If you think about it, if the Started edition received a 7 from them and it's missing half the features the full version allows, then a score from them on the full version could likely add up to twice the score they gave. If that were the case, the full version would score off the charts.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi Guys,

Maybe they're changing the name of the magazine from Corel Painter, so they'll have more than 2 or 3 subscribers after ArtRage V3 launches?

Phil
    Last edited by Aged P; 11-10-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    Advanced Photoshop magazine:

ArtRage scores 4/5.

Overall comment:“Fun but at times, can seem limited in options compared to Photoshop. However, it’s single-minded approach to application makes the applied media options and stylish working area a real pleasure to use”.
    thanks for inforamation

Quote Originally Posted by Aged P View Post
    Hi Guys,

Maybe they're changing the name of the magazine from Corel Painter, so they'll have more than 2 or 3 subscribers after ArtRage V3 launches?

Phil
    Ha- that's funny. The just announced a magazine name change. I do subscribe, for my sins (having used Painter since version 5). I'm hoping that it becomes a more wide ranging mag, which seems to be the implication in the announcement.
    Lame to review AR2.5 free at this stage though. They need to keep up. At least they didn't just use the opportunity to slate it. I do think their hearts are in the right place.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10619919

Not so much a review, but a nice article all the same.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10619919

Not so much a review, but a nice article all the same.

Dammit. You beat me to it!

Just recieved an e-mail from Bob Nolin's Digital Magazine e-mail group. There's an AR review in his digital mag....

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/