ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Licensing question

Licensing question

I have a copy of ArtRage 2 on my computer at home. I would like to start using it at work, though I would like to know if I have to purchase a separate license to do this. Am I able to install it on more than one computer and use my original key?

Thank you!

ArtRage's software license is like other software licenses. It gives you the right to use ArtRage on one computer. If you want to use ArtRage on more than one computer you need to purchase another license.
    This is how all software licenses work. You have purchased multiple licenses for your operating system (Windows or MacOSX), your other graphics applications, and so on.

Installing ArtRage 2.5 with the same license key on more than one computer will also cause you problems when updating.

And dewd, it's only 25 bux. It's not like we're stinging you $200+ for every computer you want to install it on.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Well "dewd," thank you for your reply. I know it's a cheap program and I wasn't complaining about the cost, which is why I recommended it to the artists in my office. Please excuse my ignorance for how all software licenses work, though I do appreciate the lesson.

I apologize - I didn't intend to answer abruptly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    ArtRage's software license is like other software licenses. It gives you the right to use ArtRage on one computer. If you want to use ArtRage on more than one computer you need to purchase another license.
    This is how all software licenses work. You have purchased multiple licenses for your operating system (Windows or MacOSX), your other graphics applications, and so on.
    Not always true, sorry. Software eulas sometimes lets you install on 2 computers as long as only one is in use at a time. Examples would be installing at home and office, or on a desktop and laptop. But it does have to be the same owner.

How do we stand with a dual boot machine (XP and Vista)?

Simon

You shouldn't need to purchase another license for a dual boot machine.
    A license for ArtRage will cover use on one computer.