Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 requests

Gallery
    View images

2 requests

i like how ArtRage is a small and focused app. but there's a few things i wish it has.

1. blend tool - the current palette knife blends to a certain degree. i guess depending on the amount of paint on the canvas. i find myself bringing my image to Painter to do the right amount of blending i desire. i'd like to stay in ArtRage if i can.

is there a switch in the current palette knife i'm missing that allows one to do unlimited blending?

2. blend modes for layers - like overlay, multiply, etc. i use it a lot in photoshop and painter.

cheers,
    rom
    primarymotion.com
    snowblindstudios.com

Gallery
    View images
    I agree on the blend modes. As we can import the psd format,with layers, it would indeed be a beautifull bonus to the package.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Hullo Hanzz! Nice to see you on the forum!
    And thanks for the suggestions Romi.

Layer blend modes are high up on the list of features we are looking to add to a future release of ArtRage.

And regarding the palette knife - as well as the existing tool needing a re-work, we've considered having 'blender' tools.

Thanks for the suggestions.

AndyRage.

Gallery
    View images

Blending capability definately needed

I agree, a blending capability is definatly needed!

Gallery
    View images
    good news indeed. thanks Andy!

cheers,
    Rom
    primarymotion.com
    snowblindstudios.com

Gallery
    View images
    That's good news "Layer blend modes are high up on the list of features"

Gallery
    View images
    I've read with great interest the many requests fellow users of ArtRage are asking for.

The one thing I ask is that whatever you do, please don't get away from the painting paradigm. ArtRage does a great job in simulating the act of painting, and offers tools with which a painter is comfortable.

Rather than a special blender tool, I would prefer to see something like a soft brush with only thinner on it to do my blending.

Great job on ArtRage 2. I use it for 90% of my work now.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by bcmillustrator
    The one thing I ask is that whatever you do, please don't get away from the painting paradigm. ArtRage does a great job in simulating the act of painting, and offers tools with which a painter is comfortable.

Rather than a special blender tool, I would prefer to see something like a soft brush with only thinner on it to do my blending.

Great job on ArtRage 2. I use it for 90% of my work now.
    Hi Brian.
    We do definitely want to keep ArtRage a natural painting environment. And we're not wanting to replace every other tool in a digital artists toolbox. We'd end up with ArtRage as just more bloatware with an intimidating UI.
    'Dry brushing' and 'wet brushing' are two things we need to consider. Watercolour is something I want to do, but I need to do it right, or not at all.
    You have a very cool website, by the way. Very cool illustration work.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    I agree, maybe having a soft cloth or brush option for blending, like in real life.
    the pallette knife is nice, but I'd personally prefer something much smoother for the work I do on Artrage, especially in illustrating complicated background scenery and natural settings.

Gallery
    View images
    That would indeed be very nice. Blending for different tools that behave accordingly, like the a dry very fine rag for pencil work, and some kind of big soft brush you would use to blend oils or acrylics.

actually the old pallette knife tool was magnificent in getting interesting blends... yeah, yeah, I'll shut up about that great tool that once were!