Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Selbys imagination station

Oooh nice bonsai Selby! I also love the cloud sheep, the dancer and the fruit lady. I've missed so much being so busy. I must slow my life down a little more often. Thanks sis from down under for the restful and uplifting gallery.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

thanks big brother Fashmir its nice to be a litte part of what makes this place nice.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

ok another shot at the bonsai just from my mind still

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

i like the twisted roots of the first bonsai, and the second oone looks like a island in the sea with one tree on
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Hey Selby,

It's been a long time since I caught up with your wonderful puddles. Always a great joy. There are so many new posts and members that if you don't check the Forums often things get pushed down the page. I greatly admire your variety. Dancers, pigeons, bonsai, all done with such great love and panache.
    You made my morning, I can start my work day with a smile. Thanks.

XOXO,
    sam...
    "Up to now I've managed, but since they know I can't do any other kind of work in life except invent absurdities, they pay me badly." Rene Daumal (Trans. Roger Shattuck) from "Mount Analogue"

Hi Enchanter...yes the first bonsai is more what its really like as you'll see when i do the work from photo in a few days but the second was just a fun playtime

Thanks Sam glad I made you smile. THats why i often start my morning here too...walking amoungst all the great art is a great start to the day I find

Selby
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Hey Enchanter...you know how ages ago i said id have a look for some of my real world drawings of my character but couldnt find them at the time?.....well this is them

sorry they're so small but this is the actuall size of them

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

That middle one is brilliant - using the curve of the bottom of your skirt as if in Da Vinci mode. . . not quite as stiff as his pic of the human body in a circle. Very much the anatomy of a free spirit.

The characters are fun. When did you do these?

thanks D Akey these were for a uni assignment about a year ago...actually no it must be closer to two -its was about time and you had to show a weekend in your life so i did a series of images and bound them in a little fold out book

Selby
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

very cool selby, you do have a good cartoon style............i like the puddle and me one

i wish one of my uni assignments was just to draw my weekend
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown