Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Selbys imagination station

Thank you Alexandra and DAkey

DAkey How fun would it be wrapping something in your own paper-such a lovely idea!
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

well this morning what i thought i would make would be some sort of quick city sketch but what ended up determined to come out my brush was more like the view you get out a window in heavy rainClick image for larger version. 

Name:	play001.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	95987
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Quote Originally Posted by Selby View Post
    A little play this morning thinking of windswept grass on a hill against a dreamsky- im thinking i might revisit this later but for now im enjoying its loose unfinnished nature and the colour play
    Attachment 95843
    Agree with the comments, love the looseness.

I like it. It reminds me of a nice much needed rain, and the colors add a beautiful aura.

Like watercolors in the rain. The Buddhist sand painters would embrace you mightily no doubt for the ideas of change and movement. You may have fostered a whole new philosophical school of art.

In these the colors are very fresh and alive and organic. I think maybe part of you is resisting the hard structure of metal and stone buildings in favor of the flowing nature of water and air elements.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

little sketch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dog.jpeg 
Views:	197 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	97786

its been too long- little sketch while on the phone
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

That doggie hasn't a clue where he left his bone. Next time he'll leave a clue. Fun character, Selby!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hey, look! It's Selby! Hi!
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

It’s been waaaaay to long

Hello friends its been far too many ages but I’m here now and with a little play I had at 0430 when I couldn’t sleep this morningClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Mystery Bulbs.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	201.8 KB 
ID:	102630
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~