Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Selbys imagination station

thanks DAkey both for the kind words and for introducing me to James Thurber..rather prolific fellow wasnt he? (and an interesting life story) I shall be happy if im half that productive

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Bon Courage Selby.......................maybe after some time you'll find a new friend...................I remember when my first cat died I found an ad where someone was giving kittens away and I ended up with two!!

Keep painting!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Oh, wow. I missed that about Pudda not being with us any more. Peter said it well. New fuzzy friends are good too.

yes i look forward to a new furball one day might need to wait till we move to a different place though..hehe it was one thing having a stately old fellow in a second floor apartment but a kitten would be mayhem :shock:

I keep painting just needed a little push to get going

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

wow, your sketches are fun and playful Selby. Simple but they seem to capture the entire expressiveness. Have you thought about the fact that they would make stencils too? What fun.

thanks gz no i hadnt thought of the stencil idea..i was forgetting we could do that...it would be fun

Selby
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

I know your pain Selby. I recently lost a dog to a car.
    The sketches are a wonderful tribute to your long time friend.

thanks Robert I wanted to do something to remember...kept thinking of rather finished stuff and being intimidated as its not my strength.. but these in the end show him for his best fluid and gracefull and lively and a thousand moods ,which doing just one piece would not have done justice to.

sorry to hear you lost a good friend too recently..its hard being the one left behind .

Selby
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

ok it was time to push oneself outside the comfortable place of doing what im used to...so i had a go at Bumbles great sky tutorial and these are the results.

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

I really like how you sketch Pudda's life. Just love them. They all show memories there. And you're doing an excellent job in the Bumble's sky. I guess we can see some more coming.