Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Selbys imagination station

Very nice colour harmony, dear Selby.

Selby,
    Your paintings are always so bright and cheerful. I've admired them ever since I became a member here. Keep it up!
    -Ulmo

thanks D Akey meanwhile i dont know how delicious they'd be...tried a few when i was little and they were pretty bitter

thanks Levent

thanks Ulmo ...its neat to see you here and a big compliment to hear you like my pictures

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

ok three for today.....

mesperiment..was a gestural drawing of me and i kept adding an additional layer and hiding all but the one underneath and changingpencil colours for each layer.

fish..is how i think siames fightiing fish see themselves

and try not to laugh too hard at gourd...a first go at a painterly life type subject but from imagination...nothing ventured nothing gained.eh?!

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

cool selby

i love all of them... but i was most surprised about the third one...looks very yummy and real! Good work!

Nice time

maror
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

Bet ol' Pud loves the first two rainbow drawings. Would start pawing at the monitor to get the yarns, I'll bet.

The pear is nicely done too. . . from memory yet.

Sad that you can't eat it, looks so delicious and all.

Selby.....Your paintings are always cheerily bright and colourful,the fighting fish is lovely......it looks just like how they would fancy themselves everytime they look in the glass...can imagine them saying to the other fish.....
    'Not you..not you....not you...as he prods the other fish,or gives them a nip, I AM THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL....JACK>
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Nice work Selby, I particularly like the colours you have used in the sunset painting.

Bejay

'If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.' - Vincent Van Gogh

thanks Maror-yeah its different for me but i figure the only way to get good at doing that kinda stuff is to have a go sadly just sitting and wishing to be good didnt work :lol: :wink:

thanks D Akey-yes he would paw the yarns ...but hes too busy chasing my shoelaces at present

thanks Jack-yep thats exactly as they sound

thanks Bejay

Selby
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Quote Originally Posted by Selby
    -yeah its different for me but i figure the only way to get good at doing that kinda stuff is to have a go sadly just sitting and wishing to be good didnt work :lol: :wink:
    That's the spirit, Selby! Well said. I don't know why, but this quote and your gourd painting is very exciting to me! You don't know me, but I am strangely proud of you, Selby... is that wierd? I guess that is why I like this forum, it seems that anytime artists can inspire one another, is a good thing!

Excellent painting, Selby!

-Ulmo