Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Selbys imagination station

Dear Selby, I look again and again some of your paintings, they are very beautiful and nice and well suits with your quote, "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings." What a beautiful imagination you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Levent Suberk
    Dear Selby, I look again and again some of your paintings, they are very beautiful and nice and well suits with your quote, "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings." What a beautiful imagination you have.
    Yes that's absolutely correct....but hard to find the right way between more or less details when your works are for a special kind of people (advertising, commercial art, flyer etc..). The people with a great imagination like less details and it's very funny to hear what they imagine, in the best ways you can get new idea for futher work.
    And there are the ownes with less imagination (in fact there are more and more such people i think :cry: ) wich likes when everything is detailed and telled! For my opinion it's the worst chase when you must explain a picture to someone!

Greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

thanks Levent and Maror I have lots of fun making my work but its really nice when other people like it too

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

The Butterfly ~ Love it!
    The Fern ~ Super Duper Love it!
    The Star Fish ~ Gets 5 Stars ~ Great Stuff Selby!

Kind Regards,
    Florida Girl 8)

Nice Selby. Fabric is calling you home.

I look at your stuff and think how much bang for the buck you could deliver. Two color jobs, three, etc would be child's play for a designer like yourself.

It's an art to make limitations look like the best choice, rather than a limitation.

Not that you necessarily make it that way, but I can see you could.

Lovely designs.

Thanks FG -five stars from you is a fantastic compliment

thanks DAkey-the funny thing is its often on the most open breifs that i find im most self limiting and on very limited breifs i find im bucking things in my mind and desperate for that extra colour im not allowed...go figure hey maybe its a case of going to the right answer more easily when i feel im most free to do that....funny you said about fabric i was thinking when i was doing the fern it would make a good beadspread

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Hello all, anemonea and a fish that would probly be a goldfish if he werent so greenish.

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

OOOOHHHHHhhhhh, let me get this right its a sea anemmeeaneee...no no...a sea anamoneeeeeeeeeee.......nnneeeee........... oh $%^&.its one of those wavy tentacaly things... .....nicely done
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

With that sweet anenome in that charming fixer-upper house.

Maybe a little coral - a little reef (as opposed to grass lest the change in terrain give it a different connotation). i.e. a change in shape and/or color of that mound might do it a world of good for its real estate value.

:roll:

Selby I love the way you experiment with this software, super work, you look like your having lots of fun. Your work has a feminine element. 8)
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/