Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Selbys imagination station

for some reason the green background makes focus on to the tree straight away..i guess if it was white ..that would be too harsh

nice puddlin tree
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

A tree to rest in. I like it.

I like your tree "puddle". I am in agreement with Sam about the importance of green, at least for me. It is a very sustaining hue.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Selby: The first image reminds me of a bird's eye view while flying over islands at dusk. I'm digging the oranges and purples in the sky.

You characters are really cool. They have a wonderfully distinct style. I'd love to see where you can go with adding bodies to them. The nice thing about them is they are loose, so you don't need to worry about being correct proportionately.

Just add another layer over them and have fun sketching ideas for different outfits. Don't compare yourself technically with anyone else. We all do our art for ourselves, in the end.

I KNOW you canf do this, as your character designs show us the gateway of your potential...

I really look forward to seeing more of your work...

But most of all, have fun...

Dickie

Hey Selby,
    I love your characters. They r so cute! The simple lines and seemingly quick colour make them seem full of energy. Especially the one with the squiggly hair - she reminds me of my sister lol

hi all
    thanks Sam-hmmn a shadow hey? i usually avoid em cause they're tricky beasts but your right it would ground the tree so ill have a bat at one...besides who'm i kiding shadows wont get easier cause i dont practice them hey?

thanks enchanter- yep white probly would have been too harsh besides its cheery working on coloured backrounds, and i find them less intimidating than this big expanse of white looming at me saying "pristine white dont make a mistake eveyone will see"

bearblue- you can rest in or under the tree anytime its a good nap tree i find- quiet and with softly rustly leaves

Thanks Fashmir- your right about green-your mantis was green and it was very cheering to start the day with

Dickie-Glad you liked my islands but as for the other bit.....he..hehe...<cough splutter> draw charachters bodies :shock: with arms and hands and tricky stuff...eeeeeep im gonna go hide
    no..ok im not it does scare me a lot though even when these charachters are handdrawn in traditional meadia(which i find easier than on a tablet) they rarely have bodies and if they do its almost always waist up...but i know<sigh> practice makes perfect so i shall try if you promise not to laugh too loudly.
    its drawing cartoon bodies that sends me running ......the funny thing is ive done life drawing and i really liked it -it was good especially cause if i dont draw with something in front of me im a terror for drawing what i cant possibly see........like standing on the ground and <blush>ops: drawing the roof of a building thats two stories tall or drawing a drinking cup how cups look in my head and not how a real cup is if you looked at one

shan-thanks glad you liked my peoples

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

dear selby thanks to have give me your"idea" about my barbie.of course she has a secret and you saw because you're a girl(lol)!!!your "supernova"is really sweet ,good technic.these
    colors make me dreaming.see you soon ka(you can go to make paintings in space with artrage....)
    life art sweet sun child night body ocean clouds silk colors blood bones heart pain love art:life,if you want to show my all and very different works http://kaone.artblog.fr

Yeah, just use layers. That way you won't have to worry about the original. You can do as many as you want till you get one you like. And it doesn't have to be much either. Just a little hint can be enuf.

Later, Gater.

Ka-thanks

Sam-heres a version of my tree with shadow attempt for your perusal-pesky shadow is giving me no end of trouble-it keeps looking like its standing up off the ground
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Hi All-A Salamander for warmpth

Selby
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~