ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Life

Gallery
    View images

Still Life

I'm trying to paint onions. This is just something from memory when one day I was in the supermarket. This image just pop up and I want to try it. But it turns out neither is onion or orange. (some onion is round shape) :lol: :lol: If someone could give me some suggestion or ways to try to paint the textures of the onion. These are two versions (not finish). One the colour is darker than the other. I hope you can see the difference. Thanks in advance for looking in.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gallery
    View images
    It is so beautiful already.

Gallery
    View images
    gz thats what i was thinking.......looks like a finished painting
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    Wonderful Pai!

Selective detailing could work really well, because I like the luminous quality of the onions now, so perhaps some of that can remain as it looks now?

Interesting. However you do it would be great, I'm sure.

Gallery
    View images
    I like this a lot Pai. The foreground of onions gets my attention and the very interesting background brings me all the way into the painting. It says 'Come in and look around'. Very well done!

Paul
    No signature required.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for everyone inputs and comments. Really appreciated and they help. After looking at my above version, I found something I'm not quite satistfied as a whole in my mind then I try another version. But that doesn't mean I'll just abandon previous one. I want to see different ways of doing it. I guess I'm kind of in this mode a lot right now. Here's another initial tries.

Gallery
    View images
    I have accidental didn't save the bigger ptg file after posting these process. :lol: So I have to re-paint a little bit more and save it back to(original 1920x1149) . These are some progress in these days, still testing and trying it.

Gallery
    View images
    Finished with the onions then I'll work on the background for next. Now looking at 2 versions, I'm not sure which one is better. :roll:

Gallery
    View images
    I swear you could paint with ketchup and it would be a masterpiece.
    Great job!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi GZ, thanks for the comment. You made me ops: I've lots to learn. I found out that these WIP postings really can help me to learn more while I paint.

I found out background support is not easy to do. But I'm tired for today and this is the best I can try now.