ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Monographic mythological exhibition

Monographic mythological exhibition

Although I'm not sure to reach soon the company, I would propose an "exhibition of willings" to post a mythological scene (natural enviroment and figures) according to the following simple rules:
    - realistic, near realistic or likely style
    -no use of pictures or any sort of visual aid for importing, tracing, reference or sampling;
    - no use of metallic and glitter;
    - no use of stencils
    - max two layers
    The idea is to let each one's core style, specific talents or psychological attitude (classic, romantic etc.) to emerge as free as possible from know-how, techniques, tips and tricks.
    Best wishes and greeting in advance to all participants and observers!!!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, do you have one to show me what actually it is :?:

I resume and attach an old posted work as an example so as to possibly kick-off the game.
    I would also add a very old and uncompleted sketch made with the initial free demo (also if ther's not much nature in it, to show how You can inroduce some paradox with reference to the traditional story's point of view.
    I hope to be posting something really new as soon as possible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	minotauro_182.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	165.0 KB 
ID:	10247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arcadia_152.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	10248  

In the one with the minotaur, you really have to move that fighter guy out of the way of the girl. We want to see why the fighter is bothering to save her. And since all we can rely on in a painting is the looks, we have to see her extremely beautiful, and completely at the mercy of the minotaur (or that she's outraged that her little trite is being interrupted). Hahah.

A few things. In your posing, think of body language and acting. Poses can carry with them movement. Think of how someone lunging with a sword would put his body into it, while at the same time being on guard.

Same with the minotaur. He could be a bit more emotive, more reactive.

And I definitely think we need to not have the poor female star so hidden. Her agent will be ringing the phone off the hook.

So in short, the staging is very important and you want to come up with a way to place the characters to optimize the shot -- tell the most story in the most dramatic way.

And you have a lot of story to tell in this one. It's just great in that it is probably the most elaborate dramatic pic I've seen in a long while.

Great ambition. Can learn a lot doing something like this.

Dear DA, You're always very acutely observing painting.
    Your observations represent some of the reasons why I left it some months ago together with the difficulty to render well such a scene with the old free demo and initial Art Rage knowledge.
    The real story paradox is that the monster and the girl were normally in love (engaged if You wish) and that You always find someone playing the hero and saviour enforcing his conformistic understanding and follow-on action with violence. The trivial stupidity of violent big egos and the difficulty to see the souls under what apears as a monster, a rejected ...
    Enough explanation. The Minotaus was supposed to be stunned for the sudden action more than for the pain, but evidently I did not succeed to expess it on the sketch while the girl is horrified.
    The stolid murderer is like a puppet; dificult to see as an human individue while executing an order like a mchine. :wink:
    The ambitious coposition was a sort of neo-manieristic/ sarcastic attempt
    Bye for now

OK. I got it. Thanks. Kind of you need lots of imagination in this one. Hmmm...let see if I know anything about it and give it a try for next project.