ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Intuos3 zoom out

Gallery
    View images

Intuos3 zoom out

I just upgraded from a Graphire2 to a new Intuos3. WOW what a difference the 1024levels and tilt sensor makes. My problem is with the scroll strip. I changed the setting to "Zoom" in the Wacom control panel (i'm using OSX 10.4) and I was able to get the zoom IN to work, but zooming out doesn't work.

Actually, if I'm less than 100%, I can zoom out sometimes if I try over and over, but once I'm in more than 100%, there is no zooming back out.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Gallery
    View images

Followup

OK, so I downloaded the newested stable drivers (6.04-2) and restarted my computer. This did not help my problem.

Additionally, I noticed that if I try to make a custom setting for ArtRage, they do not work. The controls work from the "all other" settings in the control panel.

Wacom's site and manual seem to be of no help here. Surely someone out there has an idea for me?

Thanks all in advance!

Gallery
    View images
    Unfortunately you can't customize the tablet buttons or strips for each program; that only works for the pen funtions and buttons.

The way I did it was to set the zoomstrip to "Keystrokes" mode. I set one end to (Ctrl + =) and the other to (Ctrl + -). This works great for zooming in and out in ArtRage, and also for Photoshop and many other programs. It won't work for everything, so it's not a perfect solution, but it's something to consider.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi there,

I believe that the scroll strip behavior will be corrected for zoom when Wacom update their drivers, we're working on this with them at the moment as we use a smoother zoom than most applications, hence the difficulty here ( we zoom in smaller increments than the general model of heavy increments that the zoom strip was designed for ) . Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Update

I found that if I set the touch strip to "scroll" and the speed to "Page" it works... The only problem with it at this time is that the scrolling is by 100% above 100 and by 25% below 100. I just wish it was more granular. Regardless it is SO much nicer to have in the strip!

Now I just wish I could figure out how to get the settings to work specific to ArtRage. As it stands now, these settings are all "global".

Anyhow, thanks for a great program. I hope to overcome my shyness soon and post something that I do with this new setup!