ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: bug?

bug?

how do..

i was trying to make an 80x80 size pic for use as my avatar using artrage2.

i saved it (as a ptg file) just to be safe,

started to paint some words onto the primary image,
    then realised it would be better to add a layer in case i mess up.
    (did undo, so the writing was gone)

added a layer, messed about..
    didnt like what i was getting so did a few undo's (the layer being deleted aswell).

ended up with just primary image but with a bit of writing on which i made before the layer, tried to undo to the time before save (no writing).

i couldnt, so thought doesnt matter, maybe ive ran out of memory for undo's. i'll just load the save in from before.

loaded file, artrage said "...file did not appear to be an artrage file"

the original image (with some writng still painted) stayed on screen but the more i tried to undo redo the image started to mess up, the writing, which was red, turning into a big red square. thats what made me think this was a bug maybe.

bug?, or my fault, for not using the undo/redo option wisely (i have 512k ddr ram)

anyway, i lost my pic but it can be done again. and it was only small, not some sort of masterpiece.

tc. (my initials, more simple than ninja.....)

It sounds like a bug.
    Any chance you still have the .ptg file you couldn't load? If so, send it to support@artrge.com, and Dave will add it to our buglist.

I'm sorry it lost your work.

AndyRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

ok, sent.

thanks.

tc

Ayup, that was definitely a bug.
    Dont throw out those small paintings, Ninja. There's nothing wrong with them - there was a bug in the ptg file reader with small paintings.

The next patch for ArtRage (due out within a few weeks) will have that problem resolved (as well as a few others).

AndyRage. (Resident Bug Extermination Service Engineer).
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

nice work!

I've kept the pantings,
    will wait for update.

thanks.

tc.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage View Post
    It sounds like a bug.
    Any chance you still have the .ptg file you couldn't load? If so, send it to support@artrge.com, and Dave will add it to our buglist.

I'm sorry it lost your work.

AndyRage.
    That's exactly the same thing for me....i was devistated and I just wanted to cry. I opened my previous file and I found out that my backround are grained. I don't know what to do! Please help me. I will not abandoned my work!

Quote Originally Posted by Peachmog View Post
    That's exactly the same thing for me....i was devistated and I just wanted to cry. I opened my previous file and I found out that my backround are grained. I don't know what to do! Please help me. I will not abandoned my work!
    You can change the grain all the way to zero in your canvas settings if the grain hasn't somehow been saved as paint in a given layer. Would be helpful if you described your problem more exactly. But the first think I would check are the canvas settings.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4