ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Ruler crashes program

Ruler crashes program

Hi all,

i discovered that when i use the linealthe program will save the file and then shutdown / crash to the desktop. Its just that i open the masks menu and then select the ruler. The above description happens. It only happens with the straight lineal.

I am on Windows XP SP2 with admin rights.

Hi Sarjenius,

If you are clicking the ruler and getting a crash, I did have one user contact us with a similar problem. It turned out to be an old version of a startup utility he was using which was causing crashes in Artrage and some other specific programs, but always in this particular way. The program was called RUNit. If you're using that software, try disabling it and see if the problem still occurs.

If you're not using the utility, I would recommend trying the following:

Start up Windows. Close down all background programs in your taskbar, utilities, virus checkers and so on. Start up ArtRage and check to see if the problem persists.

If you email me at support@ambientdesign.com I can work with you more directly to try to find the cause, as we may need to go through a series of trouble shooting steps.

Also, if you get the crash, please make sure that you choose to "Send data to Microsoft" when prompted by Windows, as this will send some crash information to Microsoft's quality server which may help us to understand the cause.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks for replying to me, DaveRage. I am not running the RunIt program and closed all background tasks and even my antivirus software but to no avail. I will mail you for more help

Thanks sarjenius! We'll run through a few things directly once I hear from you to see if we can pin down what is causing this one, I have some ideas we can work through. Look forward to helping you out!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design