ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: New UMPC 2.5 crashes often. :(

New UMPC 2.5 crashes often. :(

I've only been working with it an hour or two, and I've already had some serious problems. UMPC 2.5 often and inexplicably crashes, often just after exiting (when it is least a nuisance), sometimes when opening a new painting, and occasionally when switching tools (which is the worst time). At one point, I had to uninstall and reinstall from scratch when it would crash every time I tried to open the program at all. The ArtRage team may already have a cluster of reports from the XP crash logger already, but if there is anything I can do to help track it down, I'd be very happy to do so. The crashes are keeping me from pursuing serious work right now.

Thanks in advance on any help!

Addendum for Error Specifics: It seems to happen consistently when I start a new painting from the menu (basic paper, default settings) and then select the magnifying glass. I can make it crash every time this way.

When the application is first installed, it functions fine and the Windows XP taskbar is properly stowed. However, on second run, the Windows XP taskbar is not stowed and the application becomes crash prone. Also, if I turn off the taskbar stowing setting in Artrage, subsequent attempts to load Artrage will fail every time until I de-install and re-install the application.

Sorry to hear about the problems there. I can't replicate them here currently but I've got some theories that I'm going to follow up today, we are looking in to it!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

In 2.2, the XP taskbar was fickle as well; I would have to turn off the setting and turn it back on again, then alt-atab back and forth to get the XP task bar to get out of the way. However, Artrage never crashed like this before the current update.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

The crash issue seems resolved now by the fixes in the new test build.

Thanks for the rapid help, Matt. Looking forwards to the fix of less serious stubborn XP taskbar thing.

Just a note to anyone using the UMPC Edition: We've just released the 2.5.17 version that includes the fix for this crash bug. You can get it using the ArtRage Updater or from the installer page (http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrageinstaller.html).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.