Thread: Swatch enhancement

Gallery
    View images

Swatch enhancement

Hey Ambient team. Still high on the recent release of 2.5 and loving the tools very much. I have enjoyed the ability to make named color lists for the swatch pallet and I use it all the time.

I have a suggestion for a little enhancement that might be pretty schweeet. I took the time to mock it up so you can easily see what I'm suggesting. Basically I would love to have a little fly-out generate when I select a color from the swatch list that displays the base color at the center and four tints above and four shades below. I've also included a rough example of the color gradation in action using the chalk tool on a custom paper grain. Upon reflection I realize that for darker colors and lighter colors the placement in the light to dark line-up should likely be shifted. For example looking at the image below "Vandyke Brown" would have mostly tints above it leading to a light version of the color, whereas "Naples Light" would have a couple of tints above and mostly shades below. This would, I suppose require evaluation of the original luminance of the starting color.

As always I know not what I ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Excellent idea.

In fact I think it should be compulsory for suggestions to be illustrated.
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

Gallery
    View images
    Bumping this up from the past because I still like it.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM