Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first WIP

Thanks Robert!
    D Akey, Thank you...I was pleased with my rocks too (they kind of surprised me actually )
    Thanks a lot, gzairborne!
    Thanks, Steve!

Here's Step 7...it's getting closer to being finished. I keep trying to put leaves on that bare trunk, but nothing, so far has worked very well. So, at the moment it stays bare. And I'm not completely happy with the splash off the higher rock. So there will probably be at least one more step in the process before I call it quits.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Step 8...Well, I think this is probably finished. I added some more visible rock texture behind the falls and added a few more splashes to keep the first one company.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Very beautiful work and thanks for the process postings. Do you have to use layers for this painting?

Quote Originally Posted by creationsings
    D Akey, Thank you...I was pleased with my rocks too (they kind of surprised me actually )
    That's the beauty of painting. Every now and again we will surprise ourselves with something fresh and very successful. Very cool.

Really turned out well.

Thanks, Pai. Yes, I used layers for this painting. I usually don't because I like to be able to blend the wet paint. But since I didn't have a clue where I was going with this one when I started, I used layers to help me out. That way I could easily delete something if I added something completely stupid.

Thanks again, D Akey!
    Thank you, Robert.

Great effect, very magical!